It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 05:45 AM   #1
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User
still haven't lost anything....why? help!

Hello all. Yes, still taking lipodrene 1/2 in a.m. 1/2 in p.m. And it has controlled the hunger and given me energy. My question is why haven't I lost any weight yet? I've been drinking lots of water and walking daily--some days more than others. I've been writing down everything I eat so I can keep track. Here's a summary

breakfast--either cereal w/milk, or 1 egg w/toast, or yogurt

mid a.m. snack----1/2 a slim fast optima bar (sometimes, not every day)

lunch----yogurt or S.F. bar or salad, some fruit (banana, plum, peach or something)

snack---(not everyday) popcorn, fruit or some crackers

dinner----differs....yogurt or salad or just veggies, or small portions, like 1 taco, or 1 sausage, or veggies and a little meat

My question is what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be great.

--Thanks---

mmmcoffee

Old 08-10-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: still haven't lost anything....why? help!

coffee,

If you are not losing weight you are eating too much.
Count yoour calories EXACTLY, stay below your majic number and you WILL lose, with or without lipodrene or any other gimmick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 06:41 AM   #3
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Also you have not said what time period you are judging this from. How Long have you been doing this? IT may be too soon to judge if you are losing or not.

your weight fluctuates with water. you can lose a fewl lbs of fat but not see it on the scale as you may be holding a few lbs more of water. you should judge things after about a month. after a week or two can be very misleading.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 08-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

mmmcoffee-

Sounds like you need more protein as well. A friend of mine is a body builder and he gave me a few suggestions on the diet. I'll post them and you can pick and choose on what will work for you. Also, there are some nutrition trackers on the web that are great for marking everything down. Some also include a chart on what your caloric intake should be. On most of them, you type in height, weight and activity level. It will then give you a range of how many calories you should be taking in. Good Luck!

If at all possible (and I know this part would be hard)

Try to do some kind of aerobics in the morning on an empty stomach!

This way you can burn you glycogen storages in you muscle and start burning fat quickly

Instead of using food for energy!

I know the biggest problem for you would be the Kid Schedules!

Good example would be a fast walk with the stroller for 30 to 40 min.

Evening walks are good too!

Pushing a stroller burns a lot of calories!

Eat 5-6 small meals a day!

This will help speed up your metabolism and keep you more satisfied!

Donít starve yourself

Canít emphasize this enough

Watch your sugar!

For me this is the BIGGEST KEY!

Women are notorious for being bad carb burners and sugar make you fat!

But when you eat it, your insulin level goes up, then your blood sugar drops!

This is when you get ravenous!

If You donít eat sugar then after a little while you donít miss it much!

If you need a sugar fix, go with a splenda product like slima bear of low fat ice cream made with splenda!

But watch exactly how many calories your taking in!

Limit the amount of bread and pasta and baked potatoes you eat

Try to chose whole grain breads and pasta

For potatoes try to go with the yams because they are lower glycemic (slower burning with a lower insulin spike)

Oatmeal is the perfect carb!

With Cinnamon and Splenda

Lean cuts of meat!

Keep your portion sizes to 4-6 oz per meal!

Veggies, All you want!

Fruit, most fruits are great!

Try to stay away from bananas though!

Full of fat and sugar!

Nuts are great for you, but in small burst since they are high in calories!

Beware of hidden calories in things like cereal, bananas, coffee creamers, etc.

Probably the most important!

Write down EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING you put in your mouth!

This includes water, soda, coffee, 1 piece of candy, 1 piece of celery!

I donít mean break down a salad into individual parts but you get my drift!

This will help tell you how much you eat and how many calories!

Once you get started, we will start to actually put a # to the amount of calories you are taking in.

This is why weight watchers works for people!

Because it keeps people aware of what they are eating!

The only problem I have with weight watchers is the same as you.

Protein. I am an advocate of keeping protein alittle higher while dieting to keep the muscles from wasting away!

99% of the foods you like are great so mix and match them and keep me informed of your daily diet examples!

Old 08-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Chocolatefor3

Some of your suggestions are common ones that many people suggest but I am sorry to say are Largely myths.

When you exercise has minimal effect if any at all.

Even if you burned more fat in the morning it would not matter since it would mean you are not burning Glycogen which will mean Glycogen will fill up sooner and you will end up storing more fat later.

AS for Sugar...it is truly only a problem if you eat too much.... Yes More insulin will be released if you eat higher glycemic foods...but your blodd sugar will not lower to the point that you will start to have huge cravings. Try eating something high in sugar and then test your sugar levels every 15 minutes afterwards.....it will not go low enough to trigger cravings. I am a diabetic I know first hand what the effects of Low Blood sugar are and I can assure you that it is not something that Non daibetics ever have to worry about.

Eating more ofton will speed up your metobolism only a nominal amount.....Any amount is better then none and I do reccomend eating more ofton as it also helps prevent over eating. the the Metobolic effect is very minimal.

Other then that you are pretty much right on.

FYI Being a diabetic I see an Endocrinologist regularily. they tend to know a bit about Insulin and metabolism.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 08-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejbirdie
Chocolatefor3

Some of your suggestions are common ones that many people suggest but I am sorry to say are Largely myths.

When you exercise has minimal effect if any at all.

Even if you burned more fat in the morning it would not matter since it would mean you are not burning Glycogen which will mean Glycogen will fill up sooner and you will end up storing more fat later.

AS for Sugar...it is truly only a problem if you eat too much.... Yes More insulin will be released if you eat higher glycemic foods...but your blodd sugar will not lower to the point that you will start to have huge cravings. Try eating something high in sugar and then test your sugar levels every 15 minutes afterwards.....it will not go low enough to trigger cravings. I am a diabetic I know first hand what the effects of Low Blood sugar are and I can assure you that it is not something that Non daibetics ever have to worry about.

Eating more ofton will speed up your metobolism only a nominal amount.....Any amount is better then none and I do reccomend eating more ofton as it also helps prevent over eating. the the Metobolic effect is very minimal.

Other then that you are pretty much right on.
FYI Being a diabetic I see an Endocrinologist regularily. they tend to know a bit about Insulin and metabolism.
________________________________________ _
While this diet routine may not work for some, it may for others. Please note they are suggestions if followed seriously- do show great results. I know first hand it works for me as I did it after my second child (in combo with working out at least 5 days a week - cardio and weight training). Additionally, it worked for my very good friend who is a dietician for a hospital and just won a body building contest. I am very familiar with Diabetes as several individuals in my family have it. I have low blood sugar. So, I am forced to eat at least 5 meals a day.

Again, just suggestions to help anyone who may be interested... some people may need to alter their eating habits and/or lifestyles depended on their health.

Closed Thread