It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
(male)

spain15iup HB User
I can't get rid of my belly....Help...

Hey all! I need some advice, suggestions, or clues on how to get rid of the chub on my stomach. 1st off, I'm not overweight or obese at all. For the past year, I started to hit the weights. I'm pretty much trying to tone my body up. I've seen positive results everywhere but my Abs/Stomach. My abs are tone because I include 2 or 3 abs exercises in each workout, but I can't see any results because of the fat. So, I took up running about 2 months ago. I pretty much run either 3 or 4 times a week for about 30 minutes. I always make sure that my Heart Rate is around 160. I got that 160 from a trainer at my gym. I should also include that I'm 25 years old, 5'9", and I weight about 160 lbs.

What can I do to get rid of that extra fat around my stomach!
Thanks!

Old 08-11-2006, 06:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User
Re: I can't get rid of my belly....Help...

If anyone discovered the one exercise that burns belly fat and only belly fat, they would be filthy rich! Unfortunately, there is no one sure-fire way of burning belly fat. There is no such thing as spot reduction. Your body has a mind of it's own and it will decide where it wants to burn fat. Belly fat, especially for men, is the hardest to get rid of. A lot of people think doing crunches and hundreds of sit-ups works. Well, those type of exercises are for building muscle and strenghening the abdominal area, not for burning fat. Not everyone is meant to have perfect abs or a stomach as flat as a board (I've been trying for years, with no success!). The only suggestion I have is to keep doing your cardio and eating right. Maybe the belly fat will eventually come off, maybe it won't.

Last edited by shucky ducky; 08-11-2006 at 06:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread