It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
(male)

planbee HB User
Help me count my calories, please!

I know an essential part of weight loss is counting your calories, and up until now I had just been estimating, and choosing healthier choices. But now I really need to learn how to count calories.
I live in Australia so alot of calorie counting sites don't have Australian brands of certain foods, so it makes it hard to get a calorie count for some things.
Yes, SOME packages do have the calories marked on them but alot of them don't.
I would love a site where I could input the foods details, ie. carbs, sugars, fats etc and the amount that I have and have the site give me a calorie count. Does anyone know of such a site?
I have found an American site that allows me to have an online diet/exercise journal, but would LOVE one that I could EASILY count my "AUSTRALIAN" calories with.
Thanks greatly for your time.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Help me count my calories, please!

Try the USDA site (United States Department of Agriculture):

[url] http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ [/url]

Just type in the food you want...no need even to select the "food group".

Last edited by Lenin; 08-14-2006 at 07:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Help me count my calories, please!

Hi,
theres some calories your going to have to estmate but you can be pretty close to your estmate.
on packaged process foods the calorie count will be on the label, also you can buy a calorie counting book, buying a pocket calorie counting hand book is what you really need, then after you lern your calories in most of the foods you eat, then it will just come natural to you! if you know what your calories are for that day then just simply start counting each time you eat ''anything'' write them down so you can keep track.

the calories counting metho is rather simple to do, its just getting use to doing it and its really a mind game if you get hungry and tell yourself you can't do this,(you really can) if you lower your calorie intake you will lose weight , its been proven over and over and its a safe way to lose. you can enjoy most of the foods you love...just not as much.

The part I hate about counting calories is that when you love something and you can only have like 1/4 cup or measure by weight..in oz that bothers me a little bit, so I tend to just say away from those kinds of foods.

my rule of thumb is if I don't know the calorie count of a certain food?...I don't eat it/or I eat it within moderation.
I count all my calories my proteine and fiber whole graines ect,,ect,, with the veggies I steam/or grill all of my veggies and for one serving I count only 25 calories if i have two servings of different veggies then I count 50 calories thats only estmating but veggies are all very low in calories but you still have to count them, but with other foods like carbs and even fruits you can be pretty well right on the calorie count, ...Bannanas come in small meidum,large each Bannana will have a different calorie count, this may seem kinda stupid but its really important as far as loseing weight.
you need to be pretty precise on counting calories. or counting calories will not work.

I think ''bluejbirde'' mention to low carb dieter's that > thats what your doing your actually taking in low calories altho some carbs are high in calories you can't have but so many carbs in a day..so along with low carbs usally means low calories also.

Last edited by chevyman; 08-14-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Closed Thread