It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 04:31 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lola003 HB User
Once you are off these weight loss pills

What happes to everyone once you get off these weight loss pills/diets? Do you gain the weight back plus some like all diets? You can't stay on these products all of your life? Yo Yo dieting creates havoc on your body and is worse for you in the long run.

Deb in CT

Old 08-11-2006, 05:55 AM   #2
(female)

seo HB User
Re: Once you are off these weight loss pills

Well, I've taken breaks from the pills several times now since I've been on them since May. I find that I do not gain weight back, but I don't look at the pills as a "magic" fix. I take them with a proper diet and exercise plan. I realize that for me, it's not a quick fix, it's a lifetime commitment. Once I'm at goal and get off the pills, it's not an opportunity to go back to burgers and fries. I'll stick with my diet and exercise plan to a tee and hopefully will have no problems. I'm sure if you are just dieting to loose a certain amount of weight and then expect to go back to the old way of life you would gain your weight back though. I think it's gotta be a lifetime commitment for health. With the occasional piece of cheesecake thrown in for good measure! Hey, no body's perfect!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

I'm taking a suppliment to help curb my appetite until my body adjusts to the caloric intake. Hopefully, most people know taking diet pills alone does not work. It's a combo of exercise and eating healthier to get rid of those lbs. It's a lifestyle change - not a "diet"....

BTW - chocolate cheesecake is my favorite!! It doesn't hurt to have a piece every now and then...

Old 08-14-2006, 07:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Yep,

When you get off the pills you will gain the weight back unless you restrict your food intake...just like before!

Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
(female)

TamWasHere HB User

You will gain it all right back and then some unless you have changed your total behavior (ie: excercise) and eating and dietary habits.

Over the past 20+ years I tried it all. I used pills, dropped it off, it came back, I used diets, weight watchers, nutri-systems, slim fast, you name it. I read an article last summer that over 85 percent of dieters regain the weight after they stop. That is when I decided to change my whole lifestyle, diet and behavior.

I do not want to be in the 85%. I drink a strong cup of coffee or Pur-ehr tea occasionally to curb my appetite, but by changing my whole diet, cutting carbs, staying away from cakes, icecream, cookies, potato chips and fast food burger places, eating plenty of lean protein and veggies.

I have nothing against using a pill or diet program to get you started, but once you get going you need to drop the pills and change what you eat.

There is NO diet I know of where you can have all the greasy burgers, fries and cake you want.

Closed Thread