It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #1

liquidstar HB User
weight watchers and points

Hi, I do weight watchers and am very happy with it. I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to do once I reach my goal weight. Do I continue to eat 20 points a day? Once I get to my goal I don't want to lose anymore obviously so how many points should I have to maintain my weight? I would ask at WW but I don't actually go, I just have the book and everything and do it on my own.
Thanks in advance.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:59 AM   #2
(female)

Acemartini HB User
Re: weight watchers and points

You have to slowly add points back in & figure out how many points you need to maintain the weight. This is part of the maintenance part of the program.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #3

MitziAnne HB User

I believe you add back 4 daily the first week of maintenance, then weigh... if you lost, add 2 more daily, so on... if you'd gained, take one away and eat 3 daily...

Old 08-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #4

liquidstar HB User

Thank you both

Old 08-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I was on the old points program (not the flex points). I was allowed 18-23 per day to lose. I was told to add five points (23-28) for maintenance once I reached my desired weight. It seemed to work.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Try the ''WW'' core plan also?

Old 08-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #7

liquidstar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman
Try the ''WW'' core plan also?
Thats the one where you can eat as much as you want from the list right? I looked into that but I don't really have the ability to stop when I'm full. I need the points to let me know exactly what/how much I can eat.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:23 PM   #8

liquidstar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou
I was on the old points program (not the flex points). I was allowed 18-23 per day to lose. I was told to add five points (23-28) for maintenance once I reached my desired weight. It seemed to work.
That makes sense, thank you!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

well yeah,
but I 'm pretty sure its a plan that it don't matter how much you eat? but what you eat, and still lose.
mostly veggies I think? but I'm not forsure?

not having a two way street here...because I do count my calories>

the ''WW'' points plan to me is hard because it's a lot like counting calories, and you will be hungry After you use your points....for some thats the way it is anyway! ..maybe not for you.?

so the reason I count calories it gives me an idea as to what and how much to eat..it's not points it's calories....to me the ''WW'' POINT SYSTEM IS CONFUSEING, BECAUSE WHEN YOUR HUNGRY YOU WILL WONDER WHY YOU ARE AFTER YOU HAVE USED UP YOUR POINTS FOR THAT DAY.
THATS THE WAY IT WAS FOR ME ABOUT A YEAR AGO ANYWAY.

I'm not knocking ''WW they are a good organization.

just like some of the fad diets out there''nutri-system..jenny craig you can eat there prepared foods but,you will be hungry later on in the evening or at night/expensive too....thats no fun.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:02 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The only time i was hungry after using up my points for the day was when I ate something "bad" that was a lot of points for a small portion. And there are tons of "0" point items in WW so you can keep on eating...as long as you eat them. Not the case if you're counting calories. On the caloric based diet, everything has calories and you can reach the point where you can't eat anything more. Not even lettuce. However, on WW, you can eat lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc in unlimited supply as they are zero points. Either way, you're counting something - points or calories.

Last edited by Titchou; 08-29-2006 at 02:03 AM.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #11
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

To "maintain", usually it takes 5-7 pts per day. Start with 5, and you'll know after the first week.

Closed Thread