It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 07:13 AM   #1
(male)

italia_campioni HB User
Smile Any advice to help define midsection??

Hello everyone, this is my first post here ans surely not the last. I just wanna brief evetyone on my story, won't take long.
I am a 23 year old man who has been fat, obese, large, whatever you can say all my life except for this yr.something happened to me last Oct 26 that I thought I would die first before seeing in my lifetime. Well, it extremely motivated me. So anyway I started my diet and exercise January 1st at a rotund 265lbs ( I am 5'9"). My diet was eating no fried foods treats, stuff like that. I was to only eat grilled chicken, fish, fruits and steamed vegatables and occasionally wheat bread. My supplement was Lipo 6, this supposed fat loss pill. My exercise routine was 200 crunchies when I wake up and before I sleep and ride my stationary bike 30 min before I slept everyday. My exercise routine was such because I own my own restaurant, time is scarce. Anyway, I reached my desired weight with 6 weeks to spare. All in all, I went from 265lbs to 150lbs in 4 1/2 months. I am as serious as a heart attack. I never thought I could do something like that, especially me, but it happened. The best advice I could give is to never cheat your program, as I never missed my cruchies or bike except for a few times I can count on my hand. Another thing is just drink water, everything else in all honesty is crap. And another thing, I never ate after 7 or 8p.m. I think that was the most helpful. As far as that Lipo 6 stuff, I don't know if that really helped. I mean it made my brain think like this is helping so I bought a bottle a month and stopped after May. Alright, I'm done with that, I just thought I'd write that cause I noticed everyone else shares their story...
Ok, now my real question. I have never been this skinny before, I love it absolutely. Now that I have kept the weight off for some 3 months now, I wanna strenghthen and build my abs. This is where the last of my extreme fat has been stored as I have this little pouch. Everything else is fine, I actually see definition on my sides, chest and upper stomach. Its just this damn pouch I don't like. If anyone, please, you have took your gracious time to read this can help offer up some advice or suggestions on how to eliminate that pouch, I would be so thankful to you. Any little info helps and would be greatly appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
(female)

helpmarie HB User
Re: Any advice to help define midsection??

i'm sorry i can't offer any advice on your ? however, i really wanted to write and say CONGRADULATIONS!! you have done a tremendosly hard thing and should be super proud of yourself.
i really am surprised your abs aren't noticeable after all those crunches. i wonder if you need to focus on losing just a little more fat. i read somewhere that everyone has a 6 pack hiding under the fat layer and the only way to get to it is through cardio. that is not fact, just something i read. i hope you get the body you dream of though you should feel fantastic already.

Last edited by helpmarie; 08-17-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

That pouch may not be fat. It may be excess stretched out skin from when you were bigger. If it is, then whatever doesn't shrink back down in the next year or so, can be removed surgically if it really bothers you that much.

A lot of people get that pouch at some time. It's really no big deal unless it's hanging to your knees.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:38 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

If it isn't extra skin, and it's just fat, you can't spot reduce fat. You have to burn it through cardio all over. Your genetics have a lot to do with where it comes off and how fast. You can do all the situps in the world, and you can still have body fat covering your six pack!

Old 08-18-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Give it time, it probably will go. But sometimes after losing almost half a bodyweight, a bit of surgery is needed for the extra skin.

Best you can do is to keep up the crunches , vary the angle a little to get at the sides. If you can find the time for some biking or running, also good.

Your young age is on you side so with time, your body may SLOWLY absorb that pouch if you hold your weight constant. But be patient; it might take a year or two.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:57 AM   #6
(male)

italia_campioni HB User

I just want to say thank you to the people who kindly gave me advice to my first post. I really do appreciate people taking their time to lend out some advice.
I am really excited to hear that it sounds like cardio is the best route to take because I just joined a soccer team 1 month ago and we play once a week for 2 hours. If people know about the game, you know what kind of stamina and coordination it really takes but lots of Americans don't appreciate the beautiful game. I like sit ups but honestly I haven't done many since I stopped dieting in May. so ill just continue to ride my exercise bike twice a week with my soccer and take it from there. Thank you all and hope the weekend is great to you

Old 08-18-2006, 07:14 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

A lot of us may seem to have a football and basketball mentality but a lot of us do appreciate soccer too. That's going to give you a great cardio workout.

Closed Thread