It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

shrtsht84 HB User
Unhappy HMM....Another day

Soo....Heres the sorry...It takes alot for me to actually admit that I have a problem. And I have no idea how to fix things. The problem Im having is that Im constantly gettin on myself about my weight. I was really thin in highschool weighing 115 lbs until i graduated....and slowly I started gainin weight....not alot but enough for me or anyone of that sort to notice. I dont have any self confidence now, and I am seeing myself resoting to wearing big shirts and pants. Im not excessively overweight.....I weigh around 140, but for me im only 5'3" so every pound can be seen. I run on the tread mill like 3 times a week, but sometimes I think that Im fighting a losing battle so I just really dont care if I miss a couple days. What can I use to uplift my spirts?? What are some tips to staying focused?? Thanks for helping me out!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #2
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User
Re: HMM....Another day

I know what you mean and how you feel. I was under 100lbs in high school, and when I got married 11 yrs ago, I weighed about 100lbs. Last summer, I decided the 150lbs didn't not do it for me on my 5ft 4in frame. I despised excercising and didn't have much free time to myself. Back then I started eating salad, yogurt, fruit and veggies and that's it. It sucked, having to prepare regular meals for everyone else in the house, and getting a yogurt for me, but I kept at it. It probably wasn't the healthiest way I could've done it though. Eventually, I added walking and a staionary bike to the routine. I will admit, it wasn't easy, but I dropped about 25-30lbs that way. Now I'm stuck at a plateau and am trying it again. I do a few miles daily (either walking or treadmill) but that's it for excercise. It's hard to get motivated sometimes, but try to think of how much better you will feel.

Try going shopping for clothes, grab a pair of jeans in the size you USED to wear and one in your current size. Go in the dressing room and try on the ones you KNOW won't fit. Make that your goal. To get in to those jeans. Or try on a bathing suit--that's what did it for me. SCARY! Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide. There are alot of people on this board that will have really good advice for you too.

mmmcoffee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread