It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

Bee21 HB User
Uhhggg...so upset!

Alright here is the story...for the past few weeks i havent been to the gym as much as I used too (been too busy with work...but as of sept 1st I will have more time!!!) and Ihave been drinking and eating up a storm i feel, so the scale is up like 4 pounds!!! but the thing is my measurements are the same...does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on??

I was doing so well and now I am so discouraged about everything!!

Old 08-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User
Re: Uhhggg...so upset!

Yup!
4 lbs is not really alot and usually wont make much of a dent on measurements. And probably no all of those 4lbs is Fat. It may be largely water.

i wouldnt be too upset. your weight can actually Change that much in a single day without gaining any fat...just water.

When Dieting and exercising alot there is a good chance your Glycogen could be running low most of the time. when your not exercising and are eating more carbs you Glycogen could be running higher. Glygogen levels and easily make a difference of a couple lbs from one day to the next.

dont sweat it. just get back on track and everything will fall back into place.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 11:46 PM   #3
(male)

Dave440 HB User

yeah, your be suprised at how much your weight bounces around especially when your trying to make a concientious effort to make a change to your weight. As blue stated, water is a prime culprit. Just look at the overall long term average rather than the quick 4 pound gain in a couple days. Things like high sodium intake with a lack of exersise could cause water retention as well. All kinds of things but I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by Dave440; 08-18-2006 at 11:46 PM.

Old 08-19-2006, 05:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Agreed,

BUT 4 weeks off the exercise and "drinking and eating up a storm" can EASILY cause a weight gain of 4 pounds of pure unadulterated fat whether or not it shows up in measurements...which can be VERY relative.

Answer to your problem: get BACK with the exercise and STOP "drinking and eating up a storm" and you will lose those 4 pounds in the next month.

The appropritate way to deal with a lull in exercise is to eat FEWER calories.

Closed Thread