It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
(male)

compute818 HB User
Exclamation Crash Diet! Lost 30 Pounds. Please Help!

I know I’m very ignorant. But I decided to crash die about 2 weeks ago. I lost 30 pounds. I was basically eating a fairly normal breakfast. Little bit on lunch. and totally skipping dinner and maybe having an apple during the day.

Now basically I’m slowly trying to recover and eating a tiny bit more ever other day. I want to know how I can slowly recover without putting on all that weight. Also just a question I have. If I do weight training now will I be able to slowly fix my metabolism? During my crash diet I was doing a lot of exercise. I was running about 1 hour a day. I would play basketball about 30 minutes ever day. I would lift weights a lot during the day but I lifted ever other day. I also did a lot of abdominal exercises.

Now I look great but I’m scared of gaining it all back... Also is drinking lots of water during a crash diet good. or is that bad?

Please help me. I’m right now 130 pounds I use to be 160.

Thank you and please don't call me stupid I alrady know it was wrong. I just need help recovering without putting on 50 pounds...

Last edited by moderator2; 08-19-2006 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Need to edit somethin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 06:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Crash Diet! Lost 30 Pounds. Please Help!

First off,
CONGRATULATIONS on achieving your goal.

Start by adding back a light supper while keeping a close eye on the scale. Do as much exercise as you can. Set some sort of "panic point," maybe 135 pounds. When you reach that, cut back on the food again.
On the other end, if you see 125, increase the size of your supper some more.

Eventually you'll find the amount of food that will hold you steady and it will be somewhere between the crash diet and the amount you USED to eat.

How tall are you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 11:45 AM   #3
(male)

compute818 HB User

i'm 5.10"

So basicly I should just start adding back more food a TINNY bit more ever day. and week an eye on the scale to make sure i'm not going over a "Panic Point" like you said. is that correct.

Also what kinds of food are healthy but don't contain to many calories. Are froots good? Do they have too much sugar or is that natural sugar good? I'v always wondered that...

Old 08-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

Iadinae HB User

Considering you need to be in a deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound, you must have an extremely high metabolism to have lost 30 pounds in two weeks. I wouldn't think you would need to worry about gaining weight while adhering to a balanced diet. I would be more apt to get an appointment with my primary care provider to find out how I was able to drop that amount of weight in two weeks. Are you feeling healthy?

Old 08-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #5
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

I wouldnt worry about putting too much Fat back on. You will not have "Damaged" or slowed your metabolism down very much in just 2 weeks.

but you will most likely Put some of that back on as I suspect that a lot of that may have been Water. It is almost impossible to lose that much Fat in such a short period of time. You will have also lost a great deal of muscle so you will have to do weight training to gain that muscle back.

So yes you are going to gain weight back...but it wont be Fat. Just dont go back to the way you were eating before. Pick an amount of calories and try to stick close to it and you should be fun.

you must realize that it takes a calorie Deficit of 3500 calories to lose one lb of fat. Even if you Ate Absolutely nothing all day it would be hard to create a deficit of 3500 calories. but for the sake of arguement lets say that you did create a 3500 calories deficit each day......that would still only lead to 1lb of fat lost per day or 14lbs in two weeks. So you can see that probably at most only half of the weight you lost was fat.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Closed Thread