It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User
slipping badly lately. . . . .

Hello again---

I need some inspiration or something. Here's a quick rundown of the past few months. Started trying to diet again in May or June after losing 30lbs last year. August 1, I started Lipodrene Lite--great results with appetite and energy. Decided to stop lipodrene, do a detox and clean up, then start back on the diet/excercise. Well, I'm at day 3 of Detox 7 to clean out the system and haven't been taking any of the lipodrene. I have been completely exhausted. Family and I went for a walk tonight, walked some on treadmill last night, but all I want to do is sleep! The detox 7 has just made me the Queen of Flatulance (sp) but that's all. No energy or anything. I have still been TRYING to follow my diet of lots of veggies/fruits/yogurt but have slipped up alot lately. Last night we went out for ice cream and I had the soft ice cream with tons of M&M's mixed in, I have also been having choclate cravings at night (and give in about 75% of the time). I even had a cheeseburger for dinner yesterday, when I usually just have salads and veggies. I try to fill up on water, but even if I'm not hungry, I tend to snack. Will a day or two of 'falling off the wagon' really screw me up and put me back at square one? It's like I have absolutley no will power lately. Maybe I need to go back on the lipodrene to get me back in order, I don't know. I did get a pair of jeans the other day from JCP that were a 5 in juniors, which is a good thing. I haven't worn those in years, but I need to get back on track I guess. I don't know---I just needed to vent a little. AAAHHHHHH!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ok, I feel a little better now. I wish I could just eat whatever I want and not worry about it at all, but doesn't everyone! Ok, my sanity is returning....slowly. I'll try to get back on track tomorrow, since today was shot. How does everyone KEEP their motivation!? I guess I've just hit a rough spot int he road. Wish me luck!!!! Any inspiration would help.

Thank you for listening!

mmmcoffee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User
Re: slipping badly lately. . . . .

I'm so glad I saw your thread today! I woke up this morning feeling disgusting because for the past 2 days I've fallen completely off the wagon. Corn dogs, cheesecake, ice cream! I'm glad I'm not alone. I woke up with so much resolve to get back on track. The thing to remember is that this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. If you eat healthy almost all the time, aren't you doing better than before you lost the weight? Life is always going to throw you some situation where you can't eat healthy. Just get back to your plan the next day. Good luck and let us know how you did today!

Old 08-19-2006, 08:06 AM   #3
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Thanks for your response. I guess it happens to all of us one time or another. Today, I'm trying. I've had some popcorn and water so far. Tonight, we're going to a pizza place and I CAN'T NOT have any. See, we live in a very rural area, and there is only one really good NY pizza place here (I'm originally from NY and nothing beats GOOD BROOKLYN pizza) So, we're driving 45 min to take the kids there. I will only have 1 piece, and skip the canolis. How horrible is pizza for you? Any idea about calories? For lunch, I'll just have salad and fruit, so I figured that would be okay for calories. I'm bad at counting them.

Since I'm having the pizza for dinner, would that be considered cheating? I've been looking forward to this Pizza place for months. We don't go often. Other than that, I plan on doing my treadmill/walking for 45 min every night. It's not much, but better than nothing.

Thanks for your response. It IS good to know I'm not the only one

mmmcoffee

Last edited by mmmcoffee; 08-19-2006 at 08:13 AM.

Old 08-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

Yes, of course you can have pizza! Just remember that you should only have a certain number of calories a day and make up for it the rest of the day (which it sounds like you already know and are doing). I don't, off hand, know how many calories are in pizza, but you can look it up online. I just ran 4 miles on my treadmill which means I get to eat more today! Yeah!

Old 08-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #5

curiousgal HB User

Hang in there I just started the lipodrene after reading all the great posts and unfortunately I have only lost 4 lbs in two weeks - but I have cheated too and have not really been exercising. I don't like the lipodrene feeling so today I took my super rhodiola 500 mg which gives me energy and I don't get the jitters dizzy like the lipodrene gives me - plus I can still have my coffee !!!!

I know how we all feel when we cheat but we are only human so we need to just dust ourselves off and get back on the exercise and just watch what we eat !! Since I cheated a little last night had 2 glasses of wine I am stepping on the orbotreck to run for at least 30 mins to overcome my guilt !!
try to have a good weekend and try sticking to the healthy stuff - salads, fish, chicken and veggies GOOD LUCK !!

Old 08-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Falling off the Wagon is ofton a Sign that you may have been to Strict before!

When you are too Strict is is ofton very easy to break down and eat badly.

As for Single or a couple days of eating "Bad" foods...you should never ever feel bad or guilty about it. A Couple days will not ruin what you have been doing. you dont gain Fat Overnight! (well very little anyways)

As for your motivation....ask yourself why you are losign the weight? is it because you want to look better? If you have a picture of yourself when you did look better keep it with you all the time as reminder.
one of my reasons was at the time the upcoming birth of my son. I wanted to make sure I would be healthy for him so that he will have is dad for a long long time, and also so that I wouldnt be so heavy that I would have trouble doing things with him. So Everytime I look at him i get a reminder of the Motivation that I need.

Just ask your self why you are doing it and keep something as a reminder with you all the time.

I have been "Off the wagon" for about a month now...Mainly due to a foot injury that has prevented any Running. and Also being on-call and working about 75 hours overtime the last 3 weeks. I have put a few lbs back on in this time....But I dont let it bother me.....I am still 50lbs less then where I started....and I know that I can kick things into gear and get those lbs off again.

Also Try not to let the weight loss consume your life and stop you from enjoying other things.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

I hear what you're saying about being too strict Bluejbirdie. I don't consider myself that strict, but strict enough to avoid junk in my diet. My avoidance of junk however turned into an all out junk binge this past week while vacationing in Florida. Get me out of my routine and I quickly develop what I call the f-it's! Ice cream, pie, chocolate, burgers, fries, (from Checkers and Burger King! Ugh!) pizza, chips, big ole soft pretzels with that nasty canned cheese. I've produced such a sodium overload in my system, it's a wonder I can even see out of my puffy eyes! The scale reads 8lbs more than when I left and I'm sure the bulk of it is water retention. Regardless of what it is, I still feel disgusting! Anyway, to right myself I must do a fast to clean out the junk from my system and give my system a break before returning to CLEAN eating once again. Ugh, why I do this to myself I'll never understand. I'm just thankful that I behave like this once or twice a year. So now that I'm in my food hangover stage I must say, "I'll never do that again!" and roll my eyes. Give me 10-12 months and I'll be in the same boat once again. Ugh!

Old 08-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

I too have fallen off the wagon! Went out for pizza on Friday, ate 1/2 slice of turtle cheesecake when we got home and on Saturday - well, I did well in the AM hours, but totally lost control in the evening! Sunday, we went to my parents for a cookout... so you can just imagine what I ate there! However, today I'm back on the wagon. Cheating a few days isn't as bad as one would think. When I did the WW program, I always cheated on the weekends while doing really well during the week. I still lost 25 lbs in 5 months!

Don't worry about what has already happened... hop back in the saddle and do well this week. Good Luck!

Old 08-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I think we all have fallen off at one time or another!
coffeegirl, you maybe a little depressed but being on a diet is depressing to say the least.
your only human and what you have did is just a natural reaction to dieter's. you sound just normal to me, I have did the same thing.

the only thing you might try to do is just get yourself back on track, were all going to have a few bad days even now and then but if we get back on track you will find its not all that bad. theres always hope .
whatever you can find to motivate yourself just get it.... don't worry about others just yourself, eat healthy /exercise when ever you can and just take one day at a time.
get back on that treadmill...you can do it you know you can
good luck to you.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #10
(female)

Natasha2006 HB User

I am so glad that I found this thread! You guys are such an inspiration. I have been binging out of control this week but I can point the finger to
--> my menstrual! I have had Mickey D's, Popeyes and lemon pepper wings! I have been so out of control. But I know that as of tomorrow I will have to jump right back on the wagon. I don't believe in waiting until Monday morning. All waiting does is give me a little more time to do more damage!

Thanks Everyone!

Old 08-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

janx HB User

Hi there,
It happens to the best of us. So guess what, you are normal! Your posts have inspired me in the past. Take it from my big brother who lost 80 pounds three years ago and has kept it off, a slip up now and then will NOT make or break you. It's what happens over the long haul that really counts. He said he had a ( cheat day ) every month where he ate all he wanted of what he wanted. A friend of mine who has also done great, eats healthy Monday thru Saturday, thens goes to Ryans or some other buffet and eats anything she wants on Sunday. Be of good cheer, you can get back on track. I'll be waiting for your good report in a day or so.
brenwill

Old 08-28-2006, 07:20 AM   #12
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Well, I was gone for a long weekend camping. Before I left, I'm happy to say the scale read 119. I finally broke the 120 mark!! But, alas, it was short lived. I tried to be good all weekend, but it was tough. I'm back to 122, but not for long. I've found a website on which I can put in all foods, it counts carbs, calories and fats. You can also add activities and stuff too. I'm keeping better track and eating healthier too. It was just a last weekend before kids are back in school, and I'm back to work, so now it's back to no cheating.....at least for a while. Thanks for your response. I'll keep you posted in the coming weeks.

Thanks----mmmcoffee

Old 08-28-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Well, a couple weeks ago, I was down to 187 lbs. That same weekend, I fell off the wagon and it's been downhill ever since. I'm now back up to 192 lbs after two weekends of eating Taco Bell and lots of chocolate donuts from my local bakery. My, were they delicious!!!! I think I'm back on track now. I excercised this morning for the the first time in going on a week now and I've changed my eating plan. I think I just got bored after 10 weeks of the exact same menu and that may be part of the reason why I started eating crap again. It's amazing how you can stay clean of sugar and refined carbs for 10 weeks and then go right back to it at the drop of a hat.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #14
(female)

Natasha2006 HB User

ShuckyDucky it is easy to fall back into the old routine of eating bad foods. I am glad that you are back on track!

Brenwill123 thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel like I am back to the old routine. I have started the WW point system again and I feel like I am on a good start to healthy eating again.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:12 PM   #15
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Good to hear everyone is back on track...

FYI... I did a WW program at work some time ago. I was really good during the week, but on the weekends, I cheated terribly. However, I still mananged to loose 25 lbs. So, my point is a little cheating to satisfy urges isn't as bad as you think. As long as it's not long lived...

Good Luck to everyone.

Closed Thread