It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
7 Principles of Fat Burning

Anyone heard of this book by Eric Berg? I read in in First Magazine how people can't lose weight due to hormonel inbalances. Theres thyroid, adrenial and ovary. I have been taking mky lipodrene, doing DDR for 1-2 hours a day and eating right and I'm stuck at the same weight. Its like, I can't pass 185 pounds. I haven't been able to for a couple of years now, ever since I reached that weight. I am either adrenial or thyroid, but am thinking i'm more adrenial since I don't think I have an iodine defficency. Anyone else on this, or can tell me more about it? I think it sounds very legitimate.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #2
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User
Re: 7 Principles of Fat Burning

Have you ever Strictly Counted calories for a length of time?

you may very well have something that is making it hard for you to lose the weight....but you may not.

You Can eat Right and eat all the right foods but if the calories are too much you wont lose anything.

Most of the Legit problems like hormonal Imbalances are actually quite rare. But Many of the Writers of Diet and Weight loss Books that Present these problems Tend to exagerrrate how common they are so that they can sell their books and promote their weight loss methods.

Before looking at something like that as your issue I would do a test.....Count your Calories very strictly for a few weeks. Stick to a set amount eg. 1500. Then see what happens after those few weeks. And dont just go by the scale...Get your bodyfat % measured before and after.

If you can be that strict for 3-4 weeks and still dont see any results then I think you can consider other Medical issues that are preventing the weight loss.

You also have to consider that if you have been dieting on and off for a long time that over that time you may have lost a considerable amount of muscle and your metabolism may very well be much lower then you think.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

I definitely agree. I have counted calories before. I have done 1200 and 1500 and it just doesn't help. I suppose I could try it again. I am constantly choosing what i eat carefully. I always look at labels for calorie content and so on. The weird thing is, if I don't diet, eating whatever, I don't gain weight. But, if I eat 1200 calories I don't lose weight. Its like my body is telling me this is my healthy weight. I am 18 and 5 ft 3! I am definitely overweight, and want to lose this weight.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

boicrazy,

If you SCRUPULOUSLY count your calories and your daily average over 6 months is between 1200 and 1500 calories and you exercise regularly, I GUARANTEE you will lose 30 pounds in that period, thyroid or adrenals notwithstanding.

It is thermodynamics, nothing else.

The only way it will not work is that if your calorie count is wrong or you become the world's slowest couch potato.

At 5'3" and 185 pounds, your BMI is 32.9. The usual definition of OBESITY kicks in at 30.0 and above. The top level of normal for your height is 140# and that should be a nice goal for next year at this time. That will give you a BMI JUST under 25.0.

Last edited by Lenin; 08-20-2006 at 05:16 AM.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

I know I am obese, and it kills me. I guess I will try counting calories again. No harm right? Can you tell me a good plan to follow? I just want to eat healthier I guess but still be able to eat treats. I love sweet potatoes, so maybe eat that when I'm craving sugar. Any help is appreciated. I'm going to college in a few weeks, and it would be nice to hit 180 pounds for that. thanks

Old 08-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

as long as you keep track of your calorie count each day and get as close to that count as you possibly can.
some of the things you eat will have to be estmated calories just get as close to them as you can.
count everything and every calorie you put in your mouth fruits ,snacks, all your meals ect,,,ect,, or this type plan will not work....theres no cheating what so ever...>counting calories...if you cheat it will sure tell on you....lol
once you reach your 1500 calories thats it for that day..do some exercise,go for a walk be active..and like lenin mention you do this for 6 months you will start loseing.
good luck.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Another good program is Weight Watchers. I did WW at work after the birth of my first child and lost the last 25lbs I struggled with. If you don't have time to go to a meeting, they have online programs. But, you have to be strict with it. It helped for me to go to a room with other people who are in the same boat AND with someone else weighing me in. It basically educates you on the foods that are good & bad for you. The more protein and fiber you eat, the fuller you will feel. It also suggests that you eat 4-6 small meals per day so you don't feel hungry. It's not a "diet", it's a life altering change.
With you going to college, it may work as they have a book of fast foods that you can eat. Oh, and a lite beer is only 2-3 pts (depending on the brand).

You don't have to do WW forever, but a good three months of it will help educate you on foods you can eat. They have a program for people who work out - you are allowed more intake of food. BUT, YOU CAN'T CHEAT or you will be wasting your money! (as with any program you decide to do)

Good luck and stick with it!

Old 08-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

I can't do this! Ugh I just eat eat eat and can't keep to a plan. I don't know what to do.

I tried WW three times. The first time I lost 20 pounds, I was like 15. My older sister took me and her, until she couldn't afford it anymore. I couldn't go myself cause I didn't have the money. I gained it back plus ten pounds. The second time I went with my friends. I lost about 10 pounds, and they couldn't go anymore. I stopped. Then I tried it a third time by myself. I went four times, spent $40 and gained a pound. I just couldn't do it anymore.

I'm thinking of doing prepackaged meals, just like lean cusines but I live with my parents, so idk how that will work out. I'm around junk all the time, and just can't force myself away from it all. If I didn't exercise, I think I would weigh over 200 pounds!

help please. I need something teen friendly and really easy to do.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #9
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Here is a suggestion:

Plan your Food out the Day before. Cook and package your food a head of time.

get a bunch of ziplock Sandwich bags and MAke a bunch of 100 Calorie Snack packs.

a Simple way to structure your diet would be to have 500 calories from Lean Protein, 500 from Good Fiberous Carbs, and then eat whatever you want for the other 500.

if you Want Potato chips...eat them...just get a 100 calorie portion and seperate it in a baggy. Keep doin this with all your food you will get to learn which foods are the most filling for 100 calories.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Closed Thread