It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 02:49 AM   #1
(female)

unukalhai HB User
Post Weight Loss: Loose Skin?

Hey! I just signed up for these forums today for a little help; I hope I've gotten the right place to put this question! ^_^

Basically, I've always been a bit of an overweight kid, but in the past couple of years I've dropped an awful lot of this weight; however, in doing so, I'm left with large amounts of loose or 'flabby' skin, especially around my thighs, upper arms and breasts. What I want to know is, is there any way to tone and firm this skin up? I'm still just as unconfident about my body as I was when I was fat, because I know it looks terrible, and it's stopping me from wanting to go swimming or wear sleeveless shirts or anything like this.

A friend suggested swimming anyway, as it's meant to be a good all-round toner; is there anything I can do without having to get into a swimming costume (for the moment? XD) Any tips or help'd be greatly appreciated, thanks! =)

Old 08-20-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
(male)

italia_campioni HB User
Re: Post Weight Loss: Loose Skin?

Hello there. I just felt I had to reply becuase what's happened to you exactly happened to me when I dropped my pounds, although I am a male. I had tis same problem, especially in the stomach and thigh area. What I can suggest to you that has helped me little by little is doing cardio exercises. I use a stationary bike twice a week for 30 min but a good, hard 30 minutes, make a nice sweat you know. The other day I play soccer on this team I just joined. I have been doing this for a little over a month and its been working. Not at an extreme rate like everyone wants but I can tell already its been helping. My stomach pouch is either getting smaller or my skin is tightening up I don't know, I just know its better than after I stopped dieting. I hope this is somewhat helpful, like I said I just wanted to chime in because I am still going through what your experiencing now. Take care and best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread