It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

brooklynngruber HB User
hypnosis and weight loss????

Has anyone heard of losing weight by hypnosis? There is someone coming to my city that will hypnotize people to loose weight and I was wondering if it works? I really don't think it will but I'm willing to try for fun.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: hypnosis and weight loss????

It works best if you can identify what and when you overeat. Hypnosis can't just say "You are getting sleepy...you WILL lose weight" but it can teach you things like "When you approach the refrigerator you will immediately think 'Am I really hungry?'"
Or, when a TV commercial comes on, you will immediately think "There's no reason to go for a snack other than HABIT!"

See what I mean.

If it's cheap enough, give it a whirl. I think hypnosis is one of the most interesting and amazing things one can experience. (I was a very AMATEUR hypnotist many years ago.)
I used self-hypnosis to quit smoking and never loook back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

You would be better off buying a book on self-hypnosis and learning to do it yourself. One of the problems with group hypnosis, is that it's only one session. To retrain your mind to think another way requires a daily change of thought and attitude. That's where self-hypnosis can help you. All it is is relaxation, an open mind, and some positive imagery and self-talk. It can have a powerful affect when it's done consistently.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
(female)

alpinemeadow HB Useralpinemeadow HB Useralpinemeadow HB User

I tried hypnosis last year and I didn't lose any weight. I don't know exactly what the problem was, because I felt like the first session was really powerful.
Subsequent sessions didn't seem to do anything. So maybe I wasn't actually hypnotized? I don't know. Or maybe I just wouldn't "allow" it to work. Anyway, very expensive to sign up for a the full program, quadruple digit's worth.

It worked great for one of my friends for smoking cessation, and I had heard clients that it had worked for for weight loss.

Old 08-25-2006, 07:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I'd be afraid I'd never wake up from it and never eat agian and die!...

Old 09-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Oh my...

Just recently, my father told me a story about a co-worker of his.

He was a smoker, and did it alot. One day, he saw this ad for a hypnotist. She would do it for $40 and if you brought in someone under 18, she did it for them for free. So, he went in with his daughter to get hypnotised. For him, it would be to stop smoking, and for her, to lose weight. When they were done they got out to the car, and he pulled out a cigarette. He took one puff, and it tasted so disgusting, that he threw the pack out of the car window. Since then, he has not started smoking, and his daughter lost 40 pounds. Now, I told my dad to ask him where he went, cause I dould definitely shell out $40 to see if it works.

There has never been a case where a person never wakes up. You are fully aware of your surroundings, and can hear everything around you. You are MORE mentally aware.

I would give it a try. I know I will.

Closed Thread