It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
(male)

user_05 HB User
Maple Syrup Diet -- Who's tried it? who's doing it?

Just want to check what people think of this diet?

Its simply mixed with water, lemon juice and cayenne pepper and dieters drink the mixture instead of eating meals at dinner time.

I'm going to give it a go anyway, 14lbs in 10days is good. Even if its not healthly, which it carnt be! it must be better for an overweight person to lose the weight then not.

Starting today anyway.

I'll keep it updated

Last edited by moderator2; 08-21-2006 at 05:15 AM. Reason: posted commercial website(s)

Old 08-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User
Re: Maple Syrup Diet -- Who's tried it? who's doing it?

This combination is known at The Master Cleanse. I've done it before. It's mainly used (if I recall correctly) to clean the entire digestive system. You drink the mixture several times during the day along with plenty of water. It's not a long term thing. Basically it just gives your digestive system a rest and cleans out impurities. There's more to it than that, but that is the basic jist of it. But you lose weight on it b/c all you are consuming is the lemonade/maple syrup/cayenne mixture (that's if you're following the Master Cleanse protocol)-no solid foods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 05:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

OY,

Sounds like a good way to enhance maple syrup sales. The author of the diet isn't from VERMONT perchance?

A silly diet of pure sugar...yechhh!

Old 08-21-2006, 06:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Yuck. It sounds disgusting. I don't think it's very healthy either. Just the thought of drinking maple syrup makes me want to yak. I would be more concerned that once you start back on solid food the weight you lost will come back. If you try it, keep us posted on your progress.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
OY,

Sounds like a good way to enhance maple syrup sales. The author of the diet isn't from VERMONT perchance?

A silly diet of pure sugar...yechhh!

Doesn't sound good, I agree. Not something I'd try...BUT you must admit, we make damn good maple syrup up here....he he he

mmmcoffee

Old 08-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

My spinning instructor did this program to detox for 5 days. She did well and started back eating really clean. She's lost approx 5 lbs in two weeks while maintaining her current exercise program. She did say the drink is horrible though!

Old 09-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #7
Inactive

JB21 HB User

I go on this cleanse about every 6 months. The first few days are hard, but after you see the stuff that comes out you (it's gross) it makes you follow through. The drink is not that bad and in this guys newsletter he says you can mix decaf tea with the drink to make it taste better, I personally don't do it but it's a option.

You do lose weight, but most of it is just water, and waste from your colon.

It's not easy, but if you stay on it for at least a week it will make a difference.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-27-2006 at 03:38 PM. Reason: posted commercial website(s)

Closed Thread