It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #1
(male)

Robert165 HB User
Grapefuit Diet

I'm trying to loose weight. I'm exercisng and basicaly just trying to eat sensibly. Can going on a grapefruit for breakfast diet help me loose weight? Can i mix it half grapefruitand half orange. Will grapefruit Juice also work?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Grapefuit Diet

hi,
I think its a good Idea, but you need to watch out on the juices there loaded with calories.

what I do I try to just eat a low calorie breakfast 300 or so rather or not I'm hungry I still have that many calories for breakfast and dinner, so for supper I can have a few more calories like 500-700, I try not to go over 1700 calories daily but sometimes I go below and some times above but in general I stay close to the 1700 calories.= about a pound or 2 a week.
drinking jucies will only make you more hungry....but a real grapfruit I think its ok for breakfast.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
(female)

Kristin9924 HB User

Fruits are always great to include in your diet. As with all things, the key is moderation. The one issue with grapefruit has to do with medication. If you are on any medications I would check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure that it will not effect your meds. Grapefruit can keep you from absorbing many medications, including antibiotics.

You might also want to add a little lean protein or whole grain to your breakfast so you will stay satisfied longer. Even adding some oatmeal and lowfat yogurt to the grapefruit will keep you full longer without adding too many calories.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #4
(male)

Robert165 HB User

Thanks for the replys

The reason why I mentioned grapefruit juice was largely due to that I have a high formulated protein mix (Shake). So I'll keep all that in mind and see how it goes. I think Imay need the protein shake, I'm boxing, doing mixed martial arts (karate and wrestling combined) and doing a few weights as well as riding my bike. I got overweight from being unemployed so i am trying to use my extra timne to get back in shape.

Closed Thread