It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

renatusbee HB User
Adipex is doing its job but I'm dizzy!

I've been taking adipex for a little over a month now. I started at 151lbs at the end of July when I was prescribed adipex. I'm down to 138 a little over a month later, but have been noticing that I get really dizzy really easy! I usually notice it when I bend over or make a sudden movement. Anyone else ever experience this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User
Re: Adipex is doing its job but I'm dizzy!

I don't know much about that drug but I know I'd stop taking anything that made me dizzy. Sounds potentially dangerous.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

whats your dose?
your probley taking to much? try cutting what your taking in half? until you see your Dr..or maybe call him?..he/she may need to decrease the mg your taking or prescribe you something els?

Old 08-24-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
(female)

donna6206 HB User

How much do you weigh and how tall are you????? I tried to get adipex and they would not give it to me

Old 08-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
(female)

renatusbee HB User

I was 151 lbs starting, I'm 5'3. I've lost 13 lbs so far. I've been taking it since July 17th. Not bad for a little over a month. It REALLY works! Talk to your OB/GYN if your regular doc won't prescribe it. Thtas who prescribed me mine. He told me I really didn't need it, because I'm not obese. But I told him that I was really starting to get depressed over my size. I've been skinny my whole life, then I had a baby in Dec '05! And I blew up! So I told him my goal was to get down to 125, the ideal weight for my height. He said sure, he'd let me try it! He made me come in for a progress check up after one month. He asked me if I wanted another month, and I ssaid yes! He said if I am not down to 125 before this script runs out to call him and he'll call in another month. He's a really nice guy! And very open minded. Thats the kind of doc you need to ask for weight loss drugs. Alot of the docs are very old fashioned and set in their ways. My sis in law saw my progress and went to her doc and asked him for it and he said sure! hes a young guy who is obviously into "NEW" medicine also. Good luck!

Old 08-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #6
(female)

mitchiesmom HB User

You should check with your doctor regarding this symptom. I have the same problem and my issue is due to having low blood pressure.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Fireball76 HB User

I am also on Adipex, have been for about 6 weeks now along with a low carb diet and I'm down nearly 25#. I think you and I started our prescriptions within just a few days of each other! How odd! Congrats on your progress by the way, that's awesome!!
I also have had times when I've felt dizzy. I usually realize at this time that it's been a while since I've eaten, since I'm really not that hungry anymore. so maybe try having a small snack when this happens, even if you don't feel particularly. That helps me.
I ended up cutting my dose in half. I was having some rare reactions to the pill, I was getting anxious and I'm prone to insomnia anyway, and that was coming on strong as well. So I called my doc and he said use half a pill a day instead of a whole one. It's still working for me, my appetite is less and I'm back to normal.

Last edited by Fireball76; 08-24-2006 at 11:06 PM.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatusbee
I was 151 lbs starting, I'm 5'3. I've lost 13 lbs so far. I've been taking it since July 17th. Not bad for a little over a month. It REALLY works! Talk to your OB/GYN if your regular doc won't prescribe it. Thtas who prescribed me mine. He told me I really didn't need it, because I'm not obese. But I told him that I was really starting to get depressed over my size. I've been skinny my whole life, then I had a baby in Dec '05! And I blew up! So I told him my goal was to get down to 125, the ideal weight for my height. He said sure, he'd let me try it! He made me come in for a progress check up after one month. He asked me if I wanted another month, and I ssaid yes! He said if I am not down to 125 before this script runs out to call him and he'll call in another month. He's a really nice guy! And very open minded. Thats the kind of doc you need to ask for weight loss drugs. Alot of the docs are very old fashioned and set in their ways. My sis in law saw my progress and went to her doc and asked him for it and he said sure! hes a young guy who is obviously into "NEW" medicine also. Good luck!
YEAH BUT SOETIMES BEING A ''NICE GUY GETS US NICE GUYS IN A LOT OF TROUBLE!

Last edited by chevyman; 08-24-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #9
(female)

renatusbee HB User

I guess that all depends on what you consider being "nice." What I was referring to is that he is a person who showed compassion to my situation, he is very trustworthy and deserves the respect that I have for him as an MD. I suppose you are refferring to doctors who don't use their better judgement in situations where it is most required. I've so far been fortunate in my life to not run across any of those "nice" guys! They deserve to get in trouble!

Closed Thread