It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

Heatherisadork HB User
Frustration turning into depression

Hey first time poster here. I am in a situation I do not like at all, but it just seems like I'm not doing anything about it and sinking deeper and deeper.
A little backround about me.
I am 21, 5'3 and 185 lbs. I use to weigh 290 about 2 1/2 years ago. I suffered from depression and anxiety back then too. I also have hypothyroidism. Well the depression has gotten better and anxiety somewhat. But here is my problem. After losing all the weight I'm still not happy with myself. The reason I'm so frustrated is because I can't seem to lose anymore weight. In all the 2 1/2 years of losing weight I've hit my first plattue. I hate my body just as much as before, if not more because 1. Tons of loose skin and 2. because I've come this far only to feel like a failure for not being able to lose anymore weight.

I've even become so desperate that I ordered diet pills the other day (still waiting for them) This fat on my body is all I can think about lately and the more I think about it the more depressed I become. I have no idea what to do. It's become an unhealthy obsession. I even dream about it. I just don't know what to do. I'm always sad now because of how fat and gross I feel.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Frustration turning into depression

WOW! What an accomplishment!

First, if you are the Heather referred to in your screen name, change it!

Second, how long have you been on a "plateau"?

Third, are you exercising more now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Heather,
Weight loss can be extremely difficult for people with hypothyroidism. Are you being treated for it? If you are, and you're still having difficulty losing weight, you need to see your doctor again to see if your medication needs to be changed or if a different dosage is needed. And what about the depression? Have to spoken to your doctor about that?

P.S. Welcome to the boards!

Old 08-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

hi,
Everyone hits the old ''platau'' and everyones tried the diet pills. for a person thats been overweight ''lose gain lose gain'' and usally gain more than they lose that gets very depressing to say the least.
It is very hard for some people to lose weight after they get down to a certain point.
but that can change, you need to find out whats the cause? of not loseing? theres a underlying problem that needs to be addressed(obviously) Read ''Dr Phils'' BOOK ON WEIGHT LOSS.

if you eat healthy and take in a certain amout of calories daily...and exercise daily you should lose?
but if you have no motivation to do that...then maybe you should try changing your life style? if your married your spouse should be your best friend and understanding and help you. togather you and him can do it it will be hard but just don't ever give up.
DON'T LET DEPRESSION RUN YOUR LIFE GIRL,get out stay busy ect,,ect,, if your not married ..I'm sure you have a best friend? get with her/him and tell them how you feel about yourself...get yourself motivated/have a buddy to help you...eat togather exercise togather shopp togather ect,,,ect,, try to stay busy and not think about your body and how much you weigh don't weigh yourself or until you feel that your clothes are fitting better''loser''...once you find a motivation you will start to lose and you can keep that motivation by loseing each and every week until you become the beautiful princess that we all know that you are.
Follow your heart darling your as beautiful as you think you are and your always more beautiful each day.

Remember your never a ''failure'' if you don't ever try agian.
you know the drill so we can't prech to you as far as you knowing what it takes to lose weight...
hang in there you can do it you did it before...just give it time, if you don't lose the first week or two don't worry bout ,try not to get frustrated because when that happens it sure wrecks the mind as for as dieting and trying to lose weight.
Been there done that!
Good luck I wish you the best.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:32 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lormar HB User

You have come so far! By God though, whatever you do don't take diet pills. They are so dangerous. It's just not worth it. My sister wound up in the hospital from that. I know this may sound wierd but have you tried internal cleansing? Sometimes it's just what you need to get over that slump and kick your body into fat burning mode. I started taking Clear and Experience with their weight loss shakes and lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. The most important thing is it's healthy. Go to [url][removed][/url] They have a free health test you can take too. Don't give up!!!

Last edited by WanderingMod; 08-24-2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules. Posting links to commercial websites is not permitted.

Closed Thread