It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
(male)

compute818 HB User
How Much Can I lose

I'm just curious. All I ate today was this

1 Glass regular milk
2 Bananas
1 Apple
1 very small peanut butter sandwitch. By small i mean like 4 regular bites.

I'm not planning on doing this for weeks on end. But I was just wondering in about a week how much weight could I lose by doing this.

For exercise i'm walking on my manual treadmill for 30 minuites. The Treadmill is on a very steap incline. So you really cant run on it but its very dificult..... Like after 30 minuites I sweat more then i would running an hour on a regular treadmill.

Anyway can someone tell me how much I could lose in a week. I know this isn't healthy but you guys have no idea how important it is. I really dont care about the Yo-Yo effect I just need to look good on 1 day.

If I do this for a week will I see a diffrence? at ALL? will i lose some of my stomik fat or the fat on my chest?

Thanks guys. By the way i'm 15, 160 pounds, 5.10"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2006, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: How Much Can I lose

NEVER diet for a week. It's not worth the trouble and is more apt to cause weight GAIN to a new level once you go off the diet and return to your normal eating.
Besides, in a week you'll lose more muscle than fat!
DON'T do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

being a male that is 5'10 and 160lbs, im not sure why youd want to lose weight?!?!

Old 08-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

Kristin9924 HB User

It is very unhealthy do practically starve your self (even for one week) to lose weight. You body will begin to slow your metabolism and actually burn muscle mass, rather than fat. When you start eating normally, your body will actually be worse off than before. It can cause you to have a harder time losing weight in the future (even when you are doing the same things that worked the past). It is good to watch what you eat and cut out junk food that will have a lot of empty calories. However, you need to make sure that your body is getting enough calories to perform it normal everyday functions.

A healthier way to lose the weight would be to eat fewer calories than you normally would, but not significantly more. Your body probably need at least 1700 calories to function daily. Also burn more calories by exercising. If you create a 1000 calorie defict a day (500 from eating less and 500 from working out), you should be able to lose about 1-2 a week. Losing much more than that is unhealthy and cause more problems down the road.

Maybe instead of losing weight, you should think about building muscle mass. Even if you don't want to get all bulky, doing some resistance training will make you look tone and the increased muscle mass will up your metabolism. With that and a little cardio and you should be able to lose whatever fat you are wanting to lose and will actually look and feel better.

Closed Thread