It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

ilovebilliejoe HB User
Im I doing this right?

I started to change my life style after years of being depressed. I started to diet six days ago and lost 5lbs so far. Im 5'3 and 170 so as you can tell Im extermally overweight. I want to lose at least 50 lbs. And being that much at 15 is so hard.

I've been starting out joging a mile every day and I know thats not much but its just to start and have been strictly eating oatmeal for breakfest and then a salad for dinner every night. Even though Im sticking to it I cant stop thinking that Im going fail. With everyone around me waiting for me to make a mistake I cant help but think so to. I just dont know what to do.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #2

curiousgal HB User
Re: Im I doing this right?

Congrats for taking charge of your weight.

It is up to you to see to it that you don't fail - think POSITIVE. Just the fact that you want to loose weight and have started doing something about it is very very positive !!!!

Just keep pushing yourself a little more each day - make sure you eat well stick to veggies, fruit, fish, chicken - vary your diet and keep drinking water to help you maintain energy. We sometimes feel tired thinking we need food and what we really need is some water. I hope you don't let anyone get you down - only you and you alone are responsible for what you put into your mouth. I hope you make it and keep in touch with us on the board - this place is a great support system - Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
(female)

Natasha2006 HB User

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FAIL!!!! --->
Just take your weight loss journey 1 day at a time. So far you are off to a SUPER start! Just continue to exercise, eat the right foods and drink plenty of water. And jogging a mile is great. Honey I can't jog a 1/2 mile! But I am determined to do the best I can! You will have set backs but with determination you can reach your goal!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #4
(female)

ThisIsJess HB User

Congratulations on your persistence and on your 5 pound weight loss! Everyone here is proud of you for doing something that is extremely tough. Just stick to it, allow yourself a treat every now and then, and don't give up!

I just wanted to ask a question about your diet. Just oatmeal and a salad every day? I suggest that you should eat a little bit more. Find out how many calories that you need a day to lose 2 pounds a week. Or whatever works for you. I just got worried when I saw what you were eating, because I started out with a diet similar to that before developing an extreme eating disorder. Trust me, you do NOT want to battle with anorexia, and the less you eat, the fatter you feel for some reason.

That's how it was for me - just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Don't skip lunch! Your body deserves to be nourished, but not overindulged. Good luck with everything, and congrats again on your loss!

Last edited by moderator2; 08-28-2006 at 08:48 AM. Reason: posted commercial website(s)

Closed Thread