It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

drake.1975 HB User
Unhappy I'll fall for anything ~ Please Help

I have gained 30 lbs in the past 1.5 years (10 of it being the last 6 months). Recovering from a vicodin habit (2-3 pills / 4-5 days a week)

In the past I have bought hundreds of weight loss pills and I am willing to try anything. However, the only products that has worked for me was Stacker 2 with ephedra.

I have been off of work for 6 months, I have developed horrible eating and drinking habits. I drink regular pop about 1 liter a day and junk food). Plus I stopped working out about 2 years ago.

Can someone help me with weight loss basics? I think I try so many different things I am confusing my body. I lost weight before with weight watchers but everything is so expensive that I can't afford to join.

Currently, I drink a Revival Soy Shake for breakfast, lunch I have a spanich and chicken salad and a normal dinner. (Normal being homemade chili, pasta)
I also drink barley juice which helps give me some engery.

I started exercising 1 hour on the treadmill a day but haven't had any results. I am getting very depressed!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: I'll fall for anything ~ Please Help

As long as you have bad eating and drinking habbits, no pills are going to help you. But since you know you have bad eating and drinking habbits, then you must have an idea of what good habbits would be, right? So what you have to do now is study WHY you have these bad habbits and how to change them.

I just lost 8 pounds in less than a week by cutting out all refined sugars, alcohol, rice, potatoes, and wheat. (I think it's the sugar and alcohol that make the real difference.) I learned that it's really hard for me to be around those things without eating them, so I'm avoiding them. Everything else, I eat as much as I want: Meat, cheese, fruit, and veggies. I give myself Fridays off - I can eat all the junk I want on Fridays.

So step one, identify your bad habbits; step two, figure out a way to stop them. (If you have a serious eating disorder, that could take some time.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
(female)

Natasha2006 HB User

How long have you been eating the right foods? You didn't gain the weight overnight so don't expect to see results so soon. Crossbow is right, you have to change those negative eating habits and make a lifestyle change. It takes time to lose weight. Don't give up, every small change that you make towards your health will show results in the end. You sound like you are getting back on the right track. Maybe you can make your dinner a little healthier? Do you drink your water on a daily basis? Continue to eat healthy, don't skip meals, watch your portions but don't starve yourself and exercise regularly. You can do it!

Old 08-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha2006
Don't give up, every small change that you make towards your health will show results in the end.
Yes, and my experience has been that every small change makes the next change easier.

Closed Thread