It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User
High carbs, hi protein, too many fats I think. . . .

Hi everyone. I've been keeping track of what I eat and plugging it all into a website I found. It keeps track of carbs, cals, fat, proteins, activities, etc etc. I've been trying to eat what I can, but I'm still only around 1100 calories (that's a HIGH estimate). Most of my cals are coming from carbs and fats, even though I'm trying to have mostly veggies and stuff. What types of foods should I be avoiding to get the fats/carbs down. I have limited the pasta intake some, and haven't had junk food--except the occasional serving of tostitos---and NO soda.

I know I'm not losing any weight because I'm not taking enough cals in, but I eat when I'm hungry and don't want to fill up the rest of the required caloric intake with junk food. I have still been excercising also. Daily brisk walks--about a mile or longer---with my neurotic FAST moving 'rat dog' who never walks, only runs.

Any suggestions? WHat am I doing wrong? What else should I be eating? I also take a vitamin daily and am no longer taking any weight loss pills. Work has started, school has started, so I'm basically non stop with the kids, sports, extra curricular stuff, driving the school bus, and teaching a enviornmental class at the elem school....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...oh yeah, and carting 3 other kids to preschool with mine on the days she goes, caring for elderly parents, and keeping the 2 dogs active. and of course the 'regular' household crap. Yes, the school year is a busy one. Thank god I only have 2 kids! My life is never boring though.

So, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening!

mmmcoffee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: High carbs, hi protein, too many fats I think. . . .

How is your energy level, and how overweight are you?

Old 08-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Energy level is fine...most of the time. There are some afternoons when all I want to do is nap. I'm not really overweight. I was at 150 with a small frame an donly 5ft 4in. I lost 30lbs a while ago, but have been putting some back on. I only have 5-10lbs to go, but they're the hardest to lose. Is it ok that most of my foods end up giving me lots of carbs? It just happens that way. Today, I just finished dinner, and am only at about 800 cals for the day. I'm not hungry and probably won't be for the rest of the night. From what I've learned--that's not good. It's not enough calories. Just my body and activity levels burn about 1300 or so a day. That's not counting extra activities like walking or treadmill (IF I get on it...lol) Supposedly, I won't lose those last 10lbs this way. Any ideas or advice would be great. Thanks

mmmcoffee

Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 AM   #4
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

It simply is not true that you are not losing because you are not eating enough. This is one of the Biggest pieces of BS. When not eating enough you still Lose....but you lose more Muscle and not as much fat.

Also if you are only eating 1100 calories you shouldnt be looking at cutting your carbs or fats...just increase your protein.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

I've always heard about 'starvationmode' which I don't want to be in. Ok. I'll increase the proteins and see how it goes.

Thanks----

mmmcoffee

Old 08-31-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

I agree, it sounds like you need more protein.

My roommate was trying to lose weight on 800 calories a day and didn't lose anything even after months, so I know it CAN happen that you can eat too few calories to lose weight.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:54 AM   #7
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbow
I agree, it sounds like you need more protein.

My roommate was trying to lose weight on 800 calories a day and didn't lose anything even after months, so I know it CAN happen that you can eat too few calories to lose weight.
No Offense...but that is simply impossible.

your body Needs to get its energy from somewhere.....If you go into starvation mode the body wants to keep its fat so it goes elswhere for the energy......Which is muscle!

You still lose weight

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 09-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #8
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

I don't want to start any arguements. I was just looking for some advice on how to better my diet. I have found that if I push myself to eat more and on the days I take in 1200-1250 cals, I lose a pound or two. I don't know. maybe it just so happens that I'm eating healthier on those days too. Not sure. We're off to go camping for the long weekend, hopefully I won't 'slip' TOO bad. A little is ok--but I'm bringing salad and lots of veggies too. Have a good weekend all. back soon----

mmmcoffee

Old 09-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejbirdie
your body Needs to get its energy from somewhere.....If you go into starvation mode the body wants to keep its fat so it goes elswhere for the energy......Which is muscle!

You still lose weight
And yet, she didn't.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

mmmcoffee,

Just add a piece of lean meat or two every day and that will get you what you want.

Anybody who eats 800 calories per day and claims to NOT be losing weight is either lying, counting calories totally wrong, has a busted sscale or all three.

How do you think anorectics get to 80 pounds... by STUFFING themselves??
BlueJBirdie is absolutely correct.

ANYONE eating 800 calories a day after a few months will wind up looking like a resident of a concentration camp.

Last edited by Lenin; 09-02-2006 at 09:34 AM.

Closed Thread