It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User
How do you stay motivated?

When I was pregnant with my son, I gained about 60lbs. I have lost all of that, but want to lost another 15 lbs. My son is 20 months, so I didn't just give birth. I have been trying to lose this weight for about a year now. I was doing really well with robotic excercise, but then went on a trip and came back unmotivated. I have been doing better on my eating, but keep saying "I will do it tomorrow" when it comes to exercsing.

How to you keep yourself motivated to to lose weight?

Old 08-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: How do you stay motivated?

I wish I knew. Having a workout buddy helps. I can almost never force myself to exercise alone. (I have 60 lbs to lose also!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
(female)

Measy84 HB User

Hello Blue Eyed Girl ,

I too gained 60 lbs with my pregnancy, so, I was about 40lbs over my post-pregnancy weight. I know my post-pregnancy weight (130lbs) is still kinda big for my height (5'3") but I am blessed with a J-Lo booty, lol. So far I have lost about 19lbs since I gave birth and I need to lose about 20 to 25 more pounds. How did you do it?

Oh yea, I'm sorry I can't answer your question. What I do to stay motivated, is I look in the mirror and see that I'm bigger than I have ever been in my whole life. I have taken a picture of myself fat and I have an old picture of me thin, then I compare them. That usually does the trick.

Thanks in advance to any replies,

Measy

Old 09-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

Thanks for the advice. The picture is a great idea. I wish I had a workout buddy, that would really keep me on track.

I breastfed for five months. I lost 30-35lbs in the first 6 weeks. It took a long time to lose the rest. I think most of it came from hauling a baby around with all of his junk (diaper bag, carseat, etc.) When he started to walk, I lost a few pounds from chasing him all over the place. Recently, the last few pounds have come from eating better. I have cut down on fat and calories and portions. I have been eating those SmartOne meals I think by weight watchers. I lost four lbs from robotic excersing, but gained it back when I went to Norfolk, Virginia on my two weeks for the Air National Guard. Since I go back in late July, I just haven't been as motivated as before. I was going at least three times a week. Now, I may go 1-2 skip a few weeks then go 1-2 and so on. I would love to start running, but I am too lazy.

My pre-pregnancy weight was around 130 (which was about a 10lb gain since I graduated college a few months before). I just let lose and ate everything and just about anything. At my first visit, the nurse told me I was 140, so that is the weight I went by. My last visit before delivery, I weighed 195. I am 5'5 1/2". I felt sorry for the nurse and my hubby in the deliver room. I had an epideral, so they had to lift my legs for me. Anyway, I am down to around 140 again. The ideal weight for my height is 128. I would be happy with 130. These last few pounds are really hard! I was blessed when I was younger to have a high matabolism so I didn't have to work as hard

I have lots of skinny pictures and clothes. Those are good motivating ideas. Thanks for you help and good luck with your weight loss!

Old 09-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

Another thing you might try is changing up your exercise. I get bored easily so I run, walk, bike ride, do Tao Bo, pilates and weights. Running is my favorite, but I have to add something else in there every once in awhile.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User

I watch music videos. Look for women with healthy, but nice bodies and think "hey I could look like that!!"

Bodies I admire:
Nelly Furtado
Christina Augliara(sp?)
Beyonce(before she dropped weight for her movie)
Gwen Stefani
Britney Spears
Sarah Jessica Parker (I know not in music videos but still, shes got a rockin bod!!)

Old 09-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #7
(male)

bradchappel HB User
Smile Re: How do you stay motivated?

Motivation for weight loss and fitness
One of the greatest difficult tasks is to motivate you for weight loss. After one month around, you start your enthusiasm in your weight loss and fitness program. I have learned few things that that has helped me to be motivating towards the fitness program and get my weight loss goal. I think these tips will also helps you as well to loose weight and keep motivated towards various weight loss and fitness programs.

* Once you have started your weight loss program, its a great idea to weigh yourself only once a week. If you keep on weigh everyday, you will only discourage yourself. If you weigh yourself only once a week, you will be able to analyses whether you need to make change to your existing routine or not.

* Keep a photo of a heavier version of yourself in plain view. This will keep be motivating how great you look after loosing weight than you were before loosing extra pounds. It will also prevent you from sliding back into old habits.

* Once you have achieved your weigh loss goals, and then imagine what you want yourself to look like. This will give you the motivation to keep the weight off.

* Keep setting higher and higher goals for you towards your fitness. If you do not set new goal for you and work to achieve them, then you will surely run in to our bed habit. As a result, you will not be able to keep the weight off. So itís a great idea to keep on setting new goals and get in perfect shape. As you know itís a really tough task to keep what you have achieved than what you are looking for.

These are some of ideas that keep me motivated towards my weight loss and fitness program. There may be many more reasons for you to motivate yourself to loose weight.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #8
(female)

AshleyShea HB User
Thumbs up Re: How do you stay motivated?

I've had the same problem with staying motivated. I've found a few books and exercise DVDs lately that focus on having fun. I think this is going to be the key for me. If its something I enjoy doing, I won't have to force myself to do it. Now I just have to find a few key things that I can't say no to (besides food!).

Good luck!

Old 09-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

cortney09 HB User
Lightbulb Re: How do you stay motivated?

I know what you mean about staying motivated. I have a hard time with that part as well. I am also very short (5'0) so being 140 lbs makes me look even heavier than I am. I want to try to stay more motivated. Like the other post said, I do great with sticking to my diet, but not about excercising.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-04-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Closed Thread