It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

ilovebilliejoe HB User
low cal

I've been on my low cal diet for about ten days now and stuck to my intake of 500-600 cals a day. I know that it doesnt seem like much but Im actually starting not to be hungry at all. The only problem is that Im getting low energy so I was wondering if I uped my 1 mile jog to two I would get more energy?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: low cal

No. That's too few calories. You are probably losing muscle instead of fat. On WW, they require you to eat the minimum in your range every day. So, if you are about 125-135 pounds, figuring 50 cals per point, you'd need at least 900 to lose fat and not muscle. Try more protein...fish, chicken, turkey.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

I second that. With that few calories your body goes into starvation mode and you won't lose any weight - all you'll lose is energy. Your body is desperately trying to conserve its resources.

I speak from experience. Well, second-hand experience. My roommate was dieting and working out and not losing weight, and when her physical trainier made her keep a food diary it turned out she was only eating 800 calories a day. It varies from person to person, but you usually have to keep it above 1200 to stay healthy.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:31 AM   #4
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

yes...you need to eat more. you will lose weight with what you are doing but a large percentage of it will be muscle...if you increase your jogging you will feel even worse. The more exercise you get the more calories you need.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 08-31-2006, 07:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

billiejoe,

Try to put a bottom level on your calories of 1000/day. NEVER go below that or you will do more damage than good..

If a 2 mile run feels good, do it!

Old 09-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
(female)

ilovebilliejoe HB User

ok, I took your advise and raised my cals to 1000 a day and today I noiticed a gained a pound which really upset me. So thanks for your advise but I'm going back to what was working for me.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

he was only trying to help you health wise....you need to give it more than one day girl ! besides it was probably water weight or fluid retention.

Excuse me but Get Real.

a 1000 calories is the lowest you should be doing, because anything lower than that will and can can put you into starvation mode and you sure don't want that ...1000 calories is not all that much but your 500-700 is way to few your onlt hurting yourself if you stay on that amount of cal.
give it a chance... 4 to 6 weeks.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebilliejoe
ok, I took your advise and raised my cals to 1000 a day and today I noiticed a gained a pound which really upset me. So thanks for your advise but I'm going back to what was working for me.

You did not gain a lb of Fat. IT was just water/Glycogen.

Because you were eating so little your glycogen was pretty much depleted. when you started eating a bit more you raised your glycogen levels. this caused you to gain water weight.

IT takes an additional 3500 calories to gain a lb of fat.

Please do not continue with the level that you are doing...you are causing more harm then good. you are eating at an anorexic level.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Closed Thread