It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 12:06 AM   #1
(female)

Kayben HB User
over-eating.

hi all!

i eat well during the day, drink plenty of water, but once Ive gotten home from school, i just can't stop eating - I'm not even hungry half the time! and i really want/need to loose about 15 kilos [ Ive lost 17 already - i was a big girl.] but these uncalled for urges for food are really pulling me down. so any tips on how to passive these unexplained eating urges?

thanks!

Old 08-31-2006, 06:07 AM   #2

Infidel HB User
Re: over-eating.

Over-eating in the late afternoon/early evening seems to be a fairly common problem. I have often encountered this: I am very disciplined throughout the day, but as soon as I get home in the evening I suddenly want to eat eat eat. The only solution I have found is to do something to get your mind off it: go to the gym for half an hour, take a long walk, find a hobby you enjoy, etc. The main thing that helps for me is just to get up and away from the T.V.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
(female)

gomer4 HB User

One thing I have found that helps is to have something that I can eat around. Sometimes I think I just want the act of eating, not actually the food. Especially if I am reading, I want to have something to eat too, even if I am not hungry. So, I try to make sure there is something I can eat, to try to fill that hole. I like those baked tostitos chips with salsa.........the total calories isn't that bad. I have also found that keeping a food list on line, that figures the calories for you, is a huge help. I can see how many calories I have left for the day, and figure out what fits in. I have actually lost 53 pounds just doing that.

Lori

Old 08-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
(female)

vanillahoney333 HB User
Lightbulb Re: over-eating.

This is my 1st time visiting this site, I'm thrilled to have found something like this.

I think that occupying your time will help, & what usually helps me is to eat a snack before I leave work (or for you school)-so that when I get home I don't scarf down a bunch of food that I don't really want to eat.

Maybe put a picture of someone who is bigger than yourself on the fridge, or cupboard, so that you re-think your wanting to eat something you really don't want to?

Chewing gum helps me too. It's also good for when you're working out too, it helps me remember to breathe.

I feel your pain sister, I'm trying to lose weight myself, I've gained 23 pounds w/in the past year (new boyfriend/relationship) . . . & it's really taking its toll on me. It's hard to lose weight.

Good luck!

Old 08-31-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

I have the same eating-when-I'm-not-hungry problem. What helps is to do something that you CAN'T eat while your doing it. For me, reading is good, because when I'm reading I don't think about anything else. Other people prefer to exercise or do crafts, like knitting.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #6
(female)

Kayben HB User

eey, thanks for you suggestions guys -- i'll give some of them a try.

i'm also getting an after school job [which should help keep me copied] but it's around food.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:51 AM   #7
(male)

Maccy HB User

These foods you are having urges for what are they?

You say you drink plenty of water, how much is plenty since you might be slightly dehydrated and not aware of it, the body gives you urges which can be in the form of feeling hungry, so increase your water intake when you have these urges.

If they continue to persist then grab a food which has very little calorific content like a carrot, cucumber, lettuce etc,etc, they have a high water content also so you will be killing two birds with one stone, also you will be chewing which in itself is the sensation in some people the body craves for, hence the suggestion of chewing gum.

Are you eating because you are bored when you get home and have nothing better to do? If the answer is yes then do something to occupy your mind or if you want to eat but keep the weight off do 30-40 minutes of light exercise to burn the calories off.

Closed Thread