It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
(male)

FeludaX HB User
Need to lose weight in a week

Iíd been making progress the past year or so with weight loss with a healthier diet and regular exercise. This past month, for a number of reasons, I slipped with the exercise. I really havenít had a genuine workout all month. Iíve still been eating fairly healthy, though when I eat out at lunch Iíd hadnít been going to a healthy Japanese fast food place exclusively like I usually do. But for breakfast and dinner I was always eating healthy. At any rate, Iím noticing Iím getting a little chunkier in the cheeks and my belly is getting bigger. I was not exactly John Basedow before but my stomach was fairly flat.

Anyway, for other reasons, I really want to lose the chipmunk cheeks and the beer belly by next Wednesday, the best I can. Itís Thursday now. Iím willing to commit to a diet and exercise! I have to get back in a regular exercise routine anyway. Iím a vegetarianÖ I eat eggs and dairy but not meat.

I donít want to do anything silly or unhealthy to lose weight, I just need tips for healthy way to lose weightÖ say about 10 poundsÖ in a week.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
Re: Need to lose weight in a week

LOL...you cannot lose 10 lbs in a week in a healthy way. try for a longer term goal by exercising and reducing overall calories consumed...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
(male)

FeludaX HB User

Gee thanks. I hope laughing about it made you feel good about yourself smartpants.

Forget the number, I want to lose as much weight as I can in a week in a healthy way. If someone actually has some helpful advice, please pass it along.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

i did not mean to laugh at you, im just saying you cannot reasonably expect to lose 10lbs in 6 days...not in a healthy way at least...and i did give you some advice - try exercise and eating less and strive for a longer term goal...you cannot change your body type in 6 days, thats the bottom line..

Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
(male)

FeludaX HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartpants
i did not mean to laugh at you, im just saying you cannot reasonably expect to lose 10lbs in 6 days...not in a healthy way at least...and i did give you some advice - try exercise and eating less and strive for a longer term goal...you cannot change your body type in 6 days, thats the bottom line..
Okay, sorry. The LOL did come off as a bit condescending, but sorry if I overreacted. We're not all experts, that's why these boards exist.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartpants
...you cannot lose 10 lbs in a week in a healthy way.
Heck, I don't even know of an UN-healthy way to lose that much in a week.

I've lost 8 pounds in the past 7 days. I'm sure most of it's water weight, but it's better than nothing. I cut out sugar, alcohol, rice, potatoes, and all wheat products.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
(male)

FeludaX HB User

I just threw a number out there, you all will have to forgive me for that. I don't count pounds, I just look in the mirror. Sorry if I sounded stupid, I'm just not coming from an informed perspective when it comes to numbers crunching.

Let me rephrase this, I want to get back to how I looked a month ago in a week. Thatís not total body transformation and I donít think thatís such an unrealistic goal. I havenít weighted myself so Iím not sure how much I gained this month.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:23 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

Exercise: Some type of cardio everyday

Diet: cut out refined carbs and up your protein, veggies, and fruits

It's hard to undo a months worth of damage in a week. The formula for weight loss is to eat less and burn more calories. You can sometimes lose a lot of weight at the beginning of a weight loss plan due to water weight, but if you don't keep up the plan, it all comes right back. A pound of fat is 3500 calories. Figure out what your BMR or RMR is (there are calculators online). This will give you the amount of calories your body needs per day. If you eat 500 less calories a day and burn 500 calories a day, you'll lose 2 lbs. of fat a week, which is a healthy number. Anything quicker is muscle loss.

Hope that helps!

Old 09-01-2006, 05:36 AM   #9
(male)

Maccy HB User

Hi there, if you follow what the others posted that is a great step towards losing the weight.

You might lose 10lbs but that is dependant on how close or far away you are to your ideal weight anyway, but in the meantime, lets get your head in order, keep thinking to yourself I am going to lose the weight, I am going to feel great and look great. Sound corny but once you have repeated that to yourself 100 hundred times your mind will beleive it and so will you, also just smile, losing weight can be fun, don't make it a burden.

To tone up quick, these are some things you can do which do work, go to the gym and hop on the cross trainer or cycle machine and just workout for about 20 minutes, don't over do it, then go do a light circuit of weights, for 15 minutes, if there is a swimming pool great, get in the pool and spalsh around in the shallow end for 20 minutes, then to top it off jump in the sauna and sweat for 10-15 mins, keeping taking water on board all the time, watch what you eat, avoid alcohol at all costs.

Try it and you will be surprised at the results you get, a lot can be done in a week but some effect needs to be put in to achieve it.

Good luck.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Feluda,

Don't waste your time with a one week diet.
Odds are good that you will just wind up at a higher weight with any crash fad diet.

If one wants to lose weight he must think interms of months and years! Perhaps sad, but VERY true!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubato
Exercise: Some type of cardio everyday

Diet: cut out refined carbs and up your protein, veggies, and fruits
Good advice for everyone, I think, not just dieters.

Closed Thread