It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
(male)

wager101 HB User
hydroxycut

I'm not really out of shape or anything probably 15-20 lbs overweight which I don't consider to be that bad. I've been trying to lose this weight though and heard positive things about hydroxycut. Is all the stuff true or just plain bs? Like I want to know if it really does work and you can work off 15-20 lbs. Of course I would eat healthier foods and exercise more often than I do. What are some thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: hydroxycut

I looked up the ingredients. It's mostly just caffeine. It DOES also have chromium, though, which is supposed to help you regulate your blood sugar and prevent sugar cravings. You should ask your doctor, but if you don't have any problem with caffeine, it probably won't hurt. It would be a lot cheaper just to drink tea and buy a chromium supplement, though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbow
I looked up the ingredients. It's mostly just caffeine. It DOES also have chromium, though, which is supposed to help you regulate your blood sugar and prevent sugar cravings. You should ask your doctor, but if you don't have any problem with caffeine, it probably won't hurt. It would be a lot cheaper just to drink tea and buy a chromium supplement, though.

I bought a bottle of hydroxycut and they were insane! my mind was racing, i couldnt sit still it felt like there was a hummingbird in my chest instead of a heart...i took 3 outta the bottle and never touched them again!!

Old 09-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl
I bought a bottle of hydroxycut and they were insane! my mind was racing, i couldnt sit still it felt like there was a hummingbird in my chest instead of a heart...i took 3 outta the bottle and never touched them again!!
Okay, I take back what I said about how it couldn't hurt! Definitely too much caffeine.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbow
Okay, I take back what I said about how it couldn't hurt! Definitely too much caffeine.

yeah and it prolly had something to do with the fact i don't drink coffee or pop ever so i really don't have exposure to caffeine much

Old 09-04-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
(male)

wager101 HB User

interesting...I'm going to look into that stuff more

Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #7
(female)

jamiecross77 HB User

Hi there,

this is my first official post, but I had to share my thoughts on hydroxycut. I started using it in the spring of 2003 (april), and I lost 35 pounds by July of that year. I started at 175 pounds ( I'm 5'7), so I wasn't really overweight too much. I got down to 140. The first week I felt like I was on speed.. but it gave me tons of energy and I just "forgot" about wanting to eat all the time. I cut down to healthy portions and very little snacking. I also rode horses everyday (I was training barrel racing horses at that time) and so I was getting plenty of excercise too. I loved it and swore by the stuff. Then I met my future husband in August and we got pregnent soon after. I remembered how much I loved to eat and when I delivered our daughter in May of 04 I was 210 pounds. Ugh...
I started back on hydroxycut when our daughter was 6 months old or so, but I didn't take it religiously... I kept missing doses. My daughter is now 2 and I'm stuck at 185 pounds. I bought a fresh bottle of the stuff the other day and I am going for it again. I KNOW it works.. it worked for me. I already feel more energized and am eating less. Excercise will make it work faster, I am riding my horses several times a week and have started running too. Once you get past the jitters it works wonders.
Thanks for letting me share.

Jamie

Old 09-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #8
(female)

requiemforadream HB User
Lightbulb Re: hydroxycut

I'm having the SAME problem with TrimSpa and the caffeine. I never ingest caffeine, EVER! i'm bipolar--so i thought i was swinging into a manic phase when i first started the stuff; can't sleep, (despite taking 2 mg of Klonopin and SIX Tylenol PM!), racing thoughts, grinding my teeth, talking to myself, etc. But I am a stabilized bipolar...so, i realize now that the caffeine in the TrimSpa is doing me in. I go to my pdoc tomorrow, and i will see what he says. maybe the caffeinated feeling will wear off eventually. do you think?

*megan*

Closed Thread