It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

streudelshan HB User
Question Special K Challenge

I was just curious about any input you all may have about the Special K Challenge. Anyone here ever tried it? Had success? Where you hungry during the day? Other input?

I am on my 3rd day now. I already feel less "bloated." I do feel somewhat hungry during the day, BUT I truly believe that you HAVE to let yourself feel a LITTLE BIT hungry to truly lose weight, espcially when you're down to those last few pounds. I remember Dr.Oz saying that on Oprah not long ago. I only have about 7 pounds to lose (I'm 5' 4'' and 137, and want to get to 130), so I'm hoping this will help. I have always done weight watchers, but I get to a certain point in my weight where the WW plan stops working. Oh well...we'll see how the Special K goes! So far, I love it!! I'm a BIG cereal person! My favorite part is eating a HEALTHY, yet delicious "normal" meal at night.

Any input would be great!!

Thanks!

Shannon

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-01-2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Please post your question on one board only. This post will remain, but the others have been removed.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: Special K Challenge

I don't know, but it seems to me like if you only have 7 pounds to lose, you shouldn't be on a diet that leaves you feeling hungry during the day. That seems pretty harsh for 7 pounds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
(female)

mbdsmith HB User

I tried this and was way too hungry during the day. I did find that eating an apple helped the hunger pains subside for awhile, but then they would come back. I felt like I was starving most of the time. Needless to stay I didn't stick with this plan.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
(female)

allwayzdizzy HB User

Yep, Iv tried it. I needed to lose 7 pounds too! It worked but I was hungry a lot I just really disaplined myself.

I think the best way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle.
Everytime I have lost weight I have put it right back on. I have recently learned (12 months) that changing my lifestyle is the best, safest and most reliable way to be healthy and stay at a nice weight.

I eat a nice natural energy releasing breakfast so that I feel motorvated at the begining of my day - I snack on natural sugar type foods so that I dont get instant energy boost and then have to come down from that and need something else. For lunch I eat a nice healthy sandwich that isnt gonna make me feel bloaty or sleepy so that I can carry on with my job for the rest of the day. Again, I snack on a banana or have a yogurt around 4pm so that I dont get hunger pangs. For dinner I have a piece of fish or meat with rice and veggies.

I make it my job to exercise at least 3 times during the week - even when I dont feel like it I take myself to the gym, and if I just dont want to work out I do a long walk on the treadmill - therefore I have kept within the routine of exercising.

for drinks I have cut out soda b/c all that done was give me gas and make me feel full up (bloated) and race my sugar levels.

I drink boiled water (great for complexion) 100% natural juices and water.

if I feel like something that I know is bad for me I have it. I never deprive myself from having something fun but unhealthy however, I dont do this everyday - I keep it to weekends and after eating good foods all the time I feel the need for bad foods less and less.

natural teas are yummy too! replace caffeine with these.

I hope I can inspire you a little

Old 09-03-2006, 02:50 AM   #5
(female)

tpagm HB User

I was 144 at 5'3 and my goal was 130. I lost the weight by staying at 1200-1500 calories a day and exercising. The weight came off in about two months. I hit a horrible plateau and lowered my calorie intake to 1000-1200 and I am now at 126. Calorie counting really does the job and yes I was absolutely hungry in the beginnng but when I would see the pounds dropping when I jumped on the scale the next day....the hunger pains were worth it. It takes a little getting used to as far as counting everything and being hungry but this is the best diet (non diet) I have ever been on. I eat whatever I want but stop eating after I hit my calorie goal for the day. I have special K cereal in my cabinet and I eat it as my breakfast or lunch but I definitely don't stick to the special k diet. I love the way Special K fruit and yogurt it is very yummy. I find that I am very used to eating low calorie and once I hit my new goal weight of 120-125 I know I will be fine living off a 1200-1500 calorie diet with a few cheat days in between. This is definitely a lifestyle change for me.

I used to LIVE to eat now I EAT to live!!!

Old 09-03-2006, 05:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Good for you tpagm,

I think the perfect definition for someone who is NEVER hungry is "Obese."

We are geared to be able to overeat to a horrible degree so that we can avoid the next famine. If there is no famine, a human being who obeys every hunger instinct will eat himself into size 48 pants and an early grave.

We can mentally train ourselves when we feel a hunger pang to either run to the fridge in a panic, or instead say..."Aha, my weight control is working!"

Nobody ever died of a hunger pang.

Last edited by Lenin; 09-03-2006 at 05:54 AM.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Good for you tpagm,

I think the perfect definition for someone who is NEVER hungry is "Obese."

We are geared to be able to overeat to a horrible degree so that we can avoid the next famine. If there is no famine, a human being who obeys every hunger instinct will eat himself into size 48 pants and an early grave.

We can mentally train ourselves when we feel a hunger pang to either run to the fridge in a panic, or instead say..."Aha, my weight control is working!"

Nobody ever died of a hunger pang.
Well said Lenin.
I always wondered what it would feel like to be ''Discussingly'' healthy...

Old 09-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
(male)

BYF1 HB User

the special k challenge should be banned its an awful diet to follow and doens't deserve to be even called a diet.

its unbalanced, high in non-nutritious refined sugery carbs, too low in protein and fat, fruit and veg. Its basically a starvation diet!

you will lose mainly water and muscle mass rather than bodyfat which is not healthy at all, you will lose weight but the wrong kind of weight and as soon as you eat normally again your more than likely pile the weight back on.

your also probably feel very hungry on this diet as theres hardly any protein, fats, veg and fruit or anything wholesome and have poor energy levels.

anyone whos thinking of doing the diet don't! theres far better longer term sustainable ways to lose weight and keep it off.

its simply an advertising gimmick to sell more cereals that arn't even that healthy, kelloggs do not give a damm about your health they just want your ££££££&#16 3;££££££&# 163;

Last edited by BYF1; 09-04-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

I tried it a couple of times and it didn't work well for me. I try to stay away from cereals because whenever I eat a bowl of it (I only eat the high-fiber kind), I'm always starving within an hour after eating it. I think we discussed this subject here before about cereal making your blood sugar spike or something to that effect, therefore, making you hungry soon after you eat it.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I walk and run a lot...that is getting rid of my fat and turnin into muscle.
before that I did do sit-ups..I got one of those abe rollers and did like 300-400 abs sit-ups evverynight...didn't do a bit of good...walking and running is what got most of my stomach fat off along with watching my calories.

if you eat something and your hungry about an hour later..your not getting enough fiber and proteine and probably to much sugar...even splenda will cause you to be hungry hour later so watch out for the sugar and caffine.
eating proteine is what will keep you from going hungry so soon..it takes more time to break down in your digestive system.

Closed Thread