It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
(female)

sassylassy40 HB User
Question Why do i eat and not hungery?

Hi all,.
Why do i eat when already stuffed im going threw alot mentally and psyical, right now . what can i do i cant help myself

Old 09-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User
Re: Why do i eat and not hungery?

I've always suffered from that problem. Eating when I'm not hungry. It's just a habit that you have to find ways to break yourself of. I ate a fiber filled breakfast yesterday morning. Oatmeal and an omelette with lots of broccoli. I was stuffed but around 12p, I ended up buying something from the cafeteria knowing full well I really didn't want it. I just did it because it's what I normally do. I can't offer any advice because I'm in the process of figuring it out how to break this habit myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

If the food you are reaching for is primarily starchy or sugary, you might get some insight from reading one of Rachel and Richard Hellers' books (The Carbohydrate Addicts' series) or the Eades' Protein Power.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
(female)

Hoochie HB User

This is also my big weakness especially at night after a long day at work. The last week, I have stopped eating after 7pm but a drink a deep cleanse tea with splenda right around that time. Somehow, it has been working so far. I have not been munching. The tea really fills me up and it is sweet which is perfect for me because I have a sweet tooth. Ideally I would love to sit an eat a chocolate bar every night whether I am hungry or not but I just can't. I have to keep telling myself no. I tunr 40 in a few months so I am more motivated now than I think I have ever been.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
(female)

Dansgrl HB User
Thumbs up Re: Why do i eat and not hungery?

Auntjudyg mentions Rachel and Richard Heller. I just finished their 7-Day jumpstart plan and I can tell you that it worked for me. I have a huge craving for carbs most of the time. I can eat all day long if I dare touch something that has carbs in it in the morning. After the first four days the cravings were completely gone. I do have dessert with dinner everynight and have lost 9 pounds in two weeks. But the best part is, NO cravings!! I feel like a "normal" eater! Good luck!

Last edited by Dansgrl; 09-06-2006 at 09:22 AM.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
(female)

lisecnz HB User
Wink Re: Why do i eat and not hungery?

This is one of my weaknesses to and I find that if I don't have anything to focus on, ie, hold my attention, then I am grabbing for food as something to do.

So, in order to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, I make sure for 1) I don't have any "bad foods" in the house, so that when I do reach for something, it is fruit or raw veges etc and 2) I have lots of hobbies going and keep myself busy.

You mention that you are going through a few mental and physical problems as well, so this won't be helping... do you have friends around you that you can lean on for some support? Just venting and getting things out helps too.

Take care
Lise

Old 09-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
(female)

sassylassy40 HB User

Hi all ,
it been awhile but im still eating when im stuffed. Ill try to find that book and read it.
I have family and alot of loved oned but so much going on in family right now.Dont wana bother them. if i lived by myself i could just snack on celery , there is a big but Hubby loves ding dongs and twinkies, Ggrgggggrrit drives me nuts and bread is a weakness of mine to. but if im bored i head to the kitchen.
SOMEONE LOCK MY FRidge lol. god bless all

Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 AM   #8
(male)

Maccy HB User

If you are eating for the sake of it, then it appears you are comfort eating because it gives you pleasure, especially since you are going through a bad patch at the moment.

Guess what it is very normal and everyone suffers from this from time to time, don't stress yourself over this, I myself comfort eat on occasion

If it really is an issue then I can assure you your loved ones will not bothered if you asked them, they will infact be very supportive, they are probably totally unaware of your feelings, you just need to talk to them.

What you might not realise is because you recognise this you are over halfway there to sorting it out, which is a massive step, you should be congratulated, now you know what the problem is you can actively seek ways of getting over it.

Self help books will help greatly, but talking to people will help also because you will become more confident in yourself and your mind will ease, if you feel like need to have a snack then go for it but just have a smaller portion than you usually would, take it nice and easy.

There is no quick fix but you will get over this I assure you

Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

your the only one that is doing this to yourself , your the one that puts them bad things in your mouth so your to blame that your over weight period.
cut back on the bad foods you eat and try to start eating more healthy...and cut back on the calories exercise helps too.
the only person to blame for being over weight is that person thats over weight.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Sounds like your husband may be overweight too? If you can convince him his health is also at risk, maybe the two of you can change your habits together? I think one of the best ways to lose and maintain weight is if you have someone doing it with you. That type of a support system can serve as a great tool in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:09 PM   #11
(female)

nailchick2000 HB User

Are you taking vitamins? Sometimes your body will crave things if you are not getting all of your nutrients.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:41 AM   #12
(male)

kevinb145 HB User

[removed]

I thought this made pretty good sense to me. Try eating more nutritious foods like fruits and vegetables. It will help to fill you up and may give you the nutrients you need to satiate your hunger.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by WanderingMod; 09-12-2006 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules for sharing information. Posting links to commercial websites or copying from such sites is not permitted.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #13
(female)

Jpessy2005 HB User

I do this sometimes too.

Overeating and such is usually, for me, triggered when I'm stressed, tired, bored, sad.. etc.
Also PMS (if you're female) can cause you to eat more (primarily chocolate for me )

You should look to see what kinds of things you typically eat more of or binge on. It could be that your body has a deficiency of some kind.

Whenever I'm scared I'm going to overeat or snack when I shouldn't be (night time is a killer) I go outdoors for a walk or chew some gum.

Hope that helps, and sorry if some of that was already posted by someone else.

Closed Thread