It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User
flavored water

IS this stuff any good for you? I'm asking because with my new trimspa it says drink lots of water, and i am trying to up my water intake anyway....so now i am drinking approx. 4.5 litres of water a day. My problem is that the water that comes outta the taps here is not drinkable...its not even that great to shower in yuck! but the water that the people get upstairs...the kind that is in bottles and goes on the cooler...tastes HIGHLY chlorinated...which i cant see me keeping up with my new water rules and having to drink that cause its so gross!! I have been buying the 1.5 litres of Evian water but its getting pretty expensive as they are around 2.50 and i need 3 of them a day!! So anyone have suggestions on what kind of flavor i can add to my water to make it go down a little better? what about those new flavored water? its not just like pop pretending to be water is it? like some juices who have more sugar in them than pop i mean lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
(female)

ilovebilliejoe HB User
Re: flavored water

From what I hear flavored water is fine, but before you buy it check the label to make sure it doesn't have sugar. Make sure you get some normal water as well. And if you want to know a cheap way to get clean water just take a couple of water bottles and fill them up at a water foutain or friends house.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I'm not much on tap water myself I buy the bottle water from wal-mart they have different brands.
I get the'' DASANI'' 16.9 oz. case 24 is only like 4 bucks. mix it sometimes with chrystal light drink mix its zero calories and makes the water taste great, strawberry/grape/lemonaid/rashberry, you can be more thrifty and buy the no-name brands of this also the ''store brands.

Last edited by chevyman; 09-02-2006 at 07:56 PM.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, Dasani has added sodium. Be sure to check labels. Or you might want to buy a filter that goes on your faucet. I have one as my water tasted terrible. It's much better now. You can get them at any hardware store - Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Added soduim?
humm,
well it does contain a ''negligible'' amount of soduim but all purified water (Reverse Osmosis) contains soduim, but not enough to hurt you, matter fact you said check the lables..I'm drinking a bottle as I type this and every catagory is 0%.

Also a little word of caution, if you use those water filters on your tap....fill-up a bottle or two and take it to your water treatment plant or some water purification place , health Dept maybe...let them check that water..you will be very suprised at the results.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
(female)

hgnsgirl HB User

Walmart sells a brand called deer park and I like the crystal lite in it or a walmart brand flavoring.personally i think the off brands taste a little sweeter so it depends on your own personal taste.

There is also a flavored water called aqua-cal that absolutely wonderful with absolutely nothing in it except a very little bit of soduim.YUMMY

Old 09-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
(female)

dango HB User

I think you were asking about Fruit2-0 and other fruit flavored waters--right? They're just sweetened with Splenda, which I think tastes GREAT, and "flavorings" that have no calorie content. I get the "Store Brand" kind--you know at Hannaford's or Price Chopper, or where ever--I just take a QUICK look to make SURE it's sweetened w/Splenda (sucralose), NOT Nutrasweet (Aspartame). You wouldn't want to be chugging that much aspartame in the course of your day!

XOXO
Mya

Closed Thread