It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
(male)

yilduz HB User
weight gain?

I know this is the weight loss board, but I couldn't find a weight gain board.

I'm 5'9" and only about 123 lbs. I'm joining the Army and my recruiter told me to make sure I don't lose any weight because my weight is almost too low for my height. I need to start running a lot to get in shape before I leave for basic training sept 21st, so I was wondering if anyone knew any good ways to gain weight fast. I can't just sit around and eat twinkies all day because I need to run to make sure I'm in top physical condition.

Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
(male)

Maccy HB User
Re: weight gain?

If you are running then body fat is going to be reduced and you will lose even more weight, however don't worry.

You need the stamina so running is essential, what I suggest you do is get to a gym, speak to the trainers there and get on a heavy weights program, not as extreme as a bodybuilding regime but to increase muscle mass, eat your 5 a day as per normal, greatly increase your carbohydrates and especially protein which will fuel your muscles to further encourage the muscle mass, muscle weighs heavier than fat so within a few weeks you will see a noticeable difference.

A man which requires 2500 calories a day to maintain weight, then you need to have roughly 3500-4500 calories intake.

Keep a healthy diet just eat a little more of it, avoid fatty foods and the like, yes you want to become heavier, no you don't want the flab if you eat the wrong things, you can also buy bulking powders designed for weight gain, but if you followed a basic bodybuilding program and eating habits combined with your running you won't go far wrong.

Good luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-07-2006 at 07:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

yilduz,

Hit the weights while eating a bit more protein foods. Adding a bit of muscle will increase your weight and make you look and feel better overall.

NEVER sit around eating Twinkies...it's unhealthy and all the weight gained will just be ugly jiggly fat!

Old 09-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #4
(male)

yilduz HB User

Thanks

but I didn't gain anything at all. I went to the MEPS, they officially weighed me and I'm still 123. The minimum for my height and age is only 119, so I'm greatful I at least didn't lose any weight.

Thank you

Closed Thread