It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 08:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Processed Foods?

If eating processed foods are bad for you nurition wise, then what is a person suppose to do?
I eat a bowl of wheaties every morn or some instant oatmeal..thats all processed foods? with low-fat skim milk..even the milk is processed.
I try to have balance meals that are good in nutrition, the fiber/proteine. whole grain ect,,ect,, but there is some processed foods I can't put down..like the cereal/oatmeal ect,,ect,, I try to stay away from things that have been hydranated or trans fats, and sugars but I know that for some processed foods have sugar in them but at a minimal.

anyway I think if a person eats processed food in moderation and keep those calories down along with exercise he/she will lose weight and in a safe way.

because dieting is hard and its alomost impossible for the average person to eat the things they need to have a perfect body and keep there health in perfect condition.
I always have thought its not what you eat but how much. along with some common sense and just think more about your well being...and the ones that love you.

Last edited by chevyman; 09-08-2006 at 08:57 AM.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: Processed Foods?

Technically all the food we get is "processed' in some way, but the processing that is bad for you is the kind that breaks the food down so it's super-easy to digest. If your body doesn't have to work to get the nutrients, then it converts more of the food to fat. What you don't want is "refined" foods: Refined sugar, wheat flour, etc. Instant oatmeal is bad; regular oatmeal is good.

Clear as mud?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread