It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

Ms_Rican HB User
What diet?

I am 19 years old and many times my weight fluxuates i will lose and gain fast. I tried several diets but never stuck with it. I am worried for my health becuase obesity runs in my family i am 4 ft 11 and 140 pounds. My average weight should be much lower. What diets would you suggest?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
(male)

zevi8 HB User
Re: What diet?

i would suggest a vegan diet, meaning only plant food, no animal products. I lost 45lbs just cutting out all animal products. This includes eggs, dairy,meat cheeses, and poultry. There are plenty of delicious vegan foods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
(female)

tealdreams HB User

ms_rican,

there isn't one "diet" out there that works for absolutely everyone. every person works differently than the next. it takes a lot of trial and error to find out exactly what works best for you. I would recomend by starting by having your diet consist of all whole foods. this means nothing processed, only things that occur naturally. a lot of the time the chemicals that are put in "low fat" foods are far worse for you than the actual fat itself!

to find out what foods best work for you, you could try a rotational diet for a few weeks. this is where you would eat foods from specific groups and rotate the foods while keeping a journal about how you feel each day. this will help pin point if you have any intolerances and what foods you function best on.

if you are really serious about this it may help to set up an appointment with a holistic nutritionist that can help you determine what would work best for your body

Old 09-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

red13 HB User

my advice.DONT DIET!!!!!! it wont work long term and im talking from experience.
please read my post in weight loss about this-the best thing i ever did for my body.
x

Old 09-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #5
(female)

lady66 HB User

I agree dont diet but change the way you eat. I have been on every stupid diet there is out there. The only thing that worked for me was doing low carb. Low carb diets get bashed so much because people think all you eat is tons and tons of fat and meat and no veggies but they are so wrong. In fact, I dont eat meat at all and I eat tons of veggies. I am not as hungry as I used to be. I remember always being hungry before going on a low carb and eating so much crap and I would keep gaining weight. If you need anymore info or want some help how to get into low carb just message me.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Look at your families' (and your own) eating habits and attempt to identify what contributes to the excess weight. Advice on which just about everyone agrees includes eating less refined, processed foods (especially sugary sweet stuff and things made with refined, white flour); eating more veggies and fruits; and eating healthy fats (though there is disagreement about which fats are healthy).

If you make little changes in your everyday eating - plan for some indulging during holidays - that will probably be all you need to do.

Closed Thread