It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
(female)

josieinkwt HB User
Exclamation My dilemma

PROBLEM:

I try and try to think of a way to fit in my exercize but donít know where?

This is my typical day(6days out of the week):
400am: Wake up
425am: Leave
425-555am: Driving
6am-5pm: Work
5pm-620: Driving
630: Getting Home
630-?: Study math homework and help my hubby with his math
Between 730&830ish: Eat, play w/cat, get stuff ready for the am, check emails, random crap
8íish: take shower

I need to be asleep no later than 930pm to have at least 7hr sleep or I donít function like a normal human being. I have sleep problems, so I take a sleep aide(1/2dose) and wait it out watching tv in bed. Some nights my body wont let me sleep though, and I find myself staring at the clock till the wee hrs.

I think if I didnít have to wake up @ so fín early, that I could exercise after I did the math stuff. I wonder though, if I would like never fall asleep, exercising and going to sleep so close together.

I donít think I could see myself waking up @ 3am to do my workouts :::shivers:: . I donít want to resort to that, but I suppose making a commitment to lose weight requires sacrifice. I just donít know if that would be the wise/healthy thing 2 do..

So does anyone have any suggestions as to working out?? Also about eating dinner: is eating so close to bed bad?? The only way I could not eat so close to bed would to be to eat in the car home?? If I do happen to find time to exercise at night then my workout, dinner/bedtime are all so close together.. that is not good is it??

Thanks 4 your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

kes1321 HB User
Re: My dilemma

Is there any way that you could fit a workout in during the work day? Like over your lunch hour or something?

Old 09-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
(female)

Hoochie HB User

Holy smokes, you leave for work at 4:25 and don't get home until 6:30. Do you get an hour for lunch? It only takes a few minutes to eat so maybe you should take a walk on your lunch break. Just a thought.You have a long day so I don't assume that you would even want to excercise at night because you would be so tired. Good luck to you.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

id suggest the same - walk on breaks and lunch. i try to walk three times per day at work - morning and afternoon breaks as well as lunch. each walk is 15 minutes, about one mile which is about 100 calories burned. just by doing this three times per day, 5 days per week you are burning 1500 calories per week, almost 2lbs per month! every little bit adds up..

Old 09-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Move closer to your work, then walk it.
but if thats not in your day of plans...then any kind of exercise is good, get ya a treadmill and just use it when you get home for 30 min to an hour...they make them treadmills now days so they don't take up so much space, you can leave them standing up...the weather is what made me make my decision, you can treadmill anytime you want to rain /shine/sleet or snow and its just a great exercise for your over all health.
get up a little extra earily and tredmill thats what I do...and sometimes after work I treadmill...just depends how tired I am.
I've lost a lot of weight treadmillg faster than I was, before the treadmill.
walk everywhere you go remember any type of phyiscal movement that you do is a form of exercise.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #6
(female)

josieinkwt HB User

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!
I would try to fit exercise at lunch but I am taking college algebra during lunch!! I also forgot to mention that Im working in Kuwait so its pretty hard for me to walk around during my breaks (not to mention how hot it still is here!!) and I have no option as to where I get to choose to live. They put us in company housing. You would think they would put us closer, but for some reason we live so far (probably because the area is westernized and near lots of stores) It really sucks for me because I was overweight when I got here (last Dec) and I was planning on losing all kinds of weight because I assumed I would have all this free time and what better to spend my time than getting fitóKuwiat is not exactly party central LOLÖ To make a long story short this company stretched the truth about my job position, travel and work hours, so Im pretty screwed on personal time. I have gained over 25 pounds in less than a yr, which is pretty bad because I was overweight to begin with and now according to BMI charts Im considered Ďobeseí which freaks me out. Being 178 on a 5í4í fame is pretty hefty I know!!

Closed Thread