It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #1

zprmanspick HB User
Flat Stomach

I used to be over 250 pounds all my life, but I finally lost weight at age 17.I am now 18 and at 175 pounds. I look better than how I looked before. But something IS really bothering me. My stomach is flabby (i guess becuase of the weight loss) and I don't "look that proportional" because I'm skinny all over my body but I still have a flabby stomach (that looks also like a gut) and I want to know how I can slim it down.I have heard sit ups help and Iv'e also heard they don't help so Im not sure what to do.Also, I eat pasta ever weekday for lunch and I heard that keeps your stomach the way I have it. I add in parmesan cheese to it aswell(The pasta is the bow tie kind).Should I replace this with rice? Because rice is another food I like.I am male, by the way, if this is relevant to the situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Flat Stomach

Hi,
Cut back on the pasta and maybe cut back on all the foods you eat.
but I'm sure you know that?.....loseing 75lbs going from 250 down to 175 lbs thats great congrads.

If you count calories, you can have all the foods you love, just not as much as your use to.
You can even have deserts but it's just not very much so I recommend to just stay away from sweets unless its fruit or a low fat yougart ect,,ect,,...you can have you a cheat day once a month to have the foods that you love!
So you don't deprive yourself and endulge on a day to day basis and ''blow'' your diet plans all up.

Theres not a exercise thats good that just targets the stomach, you can't just lose where you want to lose, thats why cutting back on the calories you lose weight and if you stay with it you will lose in your stomach also...''unfortunately'' usally the stomach is the last place to lose.
exercising about an hour everyday....via walking or doing ellipticals machines.
you can do sit ups or weight lifts to tighten up tone up, but in my opinion walking is the best thing > walking and running.

The stomach is the place that gathers a second and third lining of fat...protective coating sorta speak...YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A LITTLE FAT THERE!
After you lose in your arms neck face and leggs the perhaps you will lose in your stomach...just keep up the good work and you will lose.
main thing is don't ever give up trying.

''Note'' >Counting calories is not the only way through weight loss, theres a lot of other ways''diet's'' that are good ones to follow, and safe!
I count calories, exercise ect,,ect,,/ counting calories is about the only thing that helped me lose all my weight and keep it off...I' am just giving you some of my experince.
you just have to be faithful to yourself..and its not all that bad once you get use to it , it just becomes a way of life sorta thing...a mind thinking thing....lol
Good Luck.

Last edited by chevyman; 09-10-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
(female)

dango HB User
Re: Flat Stomach

Hey Sweetie!

You have young metabolism on your side! Yay! What will help is if you do exercise to BUILD UP those SKINNY areas of your body--so they don't look so small, and sure do some toning sit ups to tighten the gut.

BUT focus on some lean protein and veggies for lunch. The pasta gets turned into starch, which is turned into sugar--so it's really not a good long lasting carbohydrate to build your lunch around.

If ya' gotta have some carb at lunch have some brown wheat bread w/lots of seeds and nuts in it, OR a whole wheat bagel!

Mya

Closed Thread