It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

sw3006 HB User
Lost 17.5 pounds in 3 weeks

I have lost a total of 17.5 pounds since August 21.

I have cut out all breads, sodas, sweets & starches and have been focused on watching calories & carbs as well as protien. I thought it was going to be hard, but I find it easy and extremely rewarding. I have 5 smaller meals a day then a bigger meal where I eat the majority of my protien and veggies. I keep my calories around 900 and my carbs under 80g. Also, 5 bottles of water a day. I haven't been exercising yet, figured I'd wait till I dropped some more. Also a multi-vitamin.

So, it can be done without diet pills and magic potions, you just have to set your mind to it.

** Wishing everyone a great day **

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
(female)

Hoochie HB User
Re: Lost 17.5 pounds in 3 weeks

That is huge success. What type of meals are you eating? Congratulations!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

im wondering about these meals as well...trying to figure out how you can keep calories under 900 (which is an unhealthy number by the way) and eat 6 meals a day?

Old 09-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Congrats to you! I assume you are eating a lot of veggies, lean meats & some fat free dairy to keep your caloric intake at 900/ day. A good source of protein if you are tired of lean meats & tuna is whey protein. You can make protein shakes with frozen berries and 6-8 oz of fat free milk. It's a great meal substitute and changes things up a little.

Keep it up!

Old 09-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #5
(female)

quinnersmom HB User

what is yoru menu?

Old 09-12-2006, 07:35 AM   #6
(female)

sw3006 HB User

You nailed it! I love stri-fry and fresh veggies, protien shakes and low sodium soups. It's not a starving diet, it's a 'watch your proportions' diet. I have learned of so many foods that are good for me and have little, if any, carbs. Lean pork, chicken, extra lean beef, shrimp, and all sorts of fresh veggies.

My favorite: Taco salad - bed of finely shredded lettuce, fresh ground black pepper, fresh diced tomatos, sometimes diced cucomber -- then brown some extra lean ground hamburger meat with about 1/4 cup diced onions, some yellow, red & green bellpeppers - a touch of cayeene pepper -- then toss this over the salad. Top with some "True Lime" seasoning. GOOD STUFF! I also make a dressing from lite ranch dressing, mustard, red pepper & a little water - EXCELLENT topper.

Trust me, it took me a while to catch on, I am not one to stick to something new. If there was an easy pill to take, I was right there with the next guy - but I have yet to find a pill that was as rewarding as just watching what I ate and drinking lots of water (4 to 5 bottles a day) I saw results faster, I sleep WAY better, my knees aren't as achy as before.....all of that just drives me to continue! And 900 calories is healthy if you do it right, doctor says so, I have a lot to lose, when I get closer to my goal, I'll gradually build the calories back up to about 1200 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatefor3
Congrats to you! I assume you are eating a lot of veggies, lean meats & some fat free dairy to keep your caloric intake at 900/ day. A good source of protein if you are tired of lean meats & tuna is whey protein. You can make protein shakes with frozen berries and 6-8 oz of fat free milk. It's a great meal substitute and changes things up a little.

Keep it up!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 AM   #7
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Good for you! Sounds like you are doing it the right way!

I'll have to try the taco salad... sounds yummy!

A good salad dressing to use with your salads is homemade Balsalmic... get a good brand of Balsalmic dressing and mix 1/2 vinegar, 1/4 extra virgin olive oil, & 1/4 water. I like it plain, but most people put fresh ground pepper, minced garlic and some fresh or dried basil in it. It's really good and a lot healthier than store bought dressings.

Oh, not sure where you are logistically, but a well known wholesale club in Ohio sells Turkey Mingnon's in their frozen section. They are an excellent source of protein and are very good. They're about 3/4 inches thick and are wrapped in turkey bacon. Low in fat, but a little high on the sodium. It's ok if you eat them once in a while. I broil mine, cut it up and put in on a nice plate of salad with the balsalmic dressing. Very good and very filling! It's great for dinner.

Keep it up and keep us posted on your results!

Closed Thread