It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

tobeslim2 HB User
I am almost there!!

I started my new lifestyle 13 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 35 pounds and went from a size 16 to a 10. I am so excited and can't even believe the results. I cut down on what I ate (calories) and eat more often. I drink only water or tea when we dine out and exercise every day. I walk 25 miles a week total and can't go a day now without it.

I have 14 pounds to go until I hit my first goal weight. I found by setting weekly goals, it reaffirms me well. I also weigh every morning and evening (I know I shouldn't but when I eat something bad, it lets me know how bad ).

I do some weights, but don't want muscle, just to be tone. My problem areas now are my inner thighs, that part of my arm where my back and armpit meet, and my tummy. Any suggestions? I do my weights 3 times a week and do floor exercises as well and my process is about 35 minutes total. I love how I look and love the compliments from friends, family, and my husband. But, I really want to tone up these areas. I know we can't choose where our weight is lost, but I know it needs some toning. I thought the walking would start to kick in, but it's not.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: I am almost there!!

Good For You Girl.
Just Keep On Doing What Your Doing, Walking Should Make A Big Difference/?, If You Walk At Least 45 Min To An Hour Everyday At A Fast Space..3.8 Mph Is Good...if You Sweat Then You Will Sweat Walking... It Just Takes More Time Walking Vs Other Type Machines But You Don't Burn Out Walking And Your Butt Don't Get Sore From The ''other'' Machines...give Walking Some More Time I Think You Will See Results In Weight Loss Soon...walking Is A Good Form Of Exercise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Good for you! Keep up the weights and do cardio at least 3 times a week. Mix it up a little if you get tired of walking. The stairmaster and spinning are great cardio workouts. I spin 2-3 times a week in combination of weights and it has really helped! You can burn 300-700 calories in one class depending on your activity level. I like it because it is a form of low impact cardio and you can go at your own pace. I was spinning at 8 months pregnant and basically sat on the bike and rode it to keep my heart rate at a certain pace. You will see results in one month - that is in combination of weights and eating well.

Congrats to you and keep up the good work!

Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

I agree with everyone. The areas you are talking about are just bodyfat and the only way to burn that is cardio. You may have problem areas, but that's just genetics. Keep it up. Those may be the last areas to shrink, but they should at some point. Congratulations on your weight loss to date!

Old 09-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #5
(female)

tobeslim2 HB User

Thanks everyone for your words of encourgagement. I lost another pound since I started this, so up to 36 pounds. I took your advice and am now doing intense cardio with circuit training and am going to start doing a little of something in the evenings.

THanks again everyone!

Old 09-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
(female)

Hoochie HB User

i think that is awesome how much weight you have lost. I have recently been working out on my treadmill every morning for half an hour. I haven't lost anything yet this week but I am feeling so good that I just know I have to keep going. Your story encourages me along the way! My kids are both so proud of me that I couldn't quit if I wanted too!!!haha

Old 09-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
(female)

tobeslim2 HB User

well, keep up the great work! I love to know I have encourged someone. I had a lady the other day stop me on the street and tell me she has watched my transformation and it has motivated her to start working out. Now we walk together.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:11 AM   #8
(female)

golfsixteen HB User

EXCELLENT...I NEED TO BE FOCUSED LIKE YOU. WHAT DO YOU EAT DURING THE DAY? ANYTHING YOU WANT, JUST SMALLER PORTIONS?
CONGRATS...ONE DAY I HOPE THAT IS ME WRITING THAT I'M DOWN 36LBS. THAT IS SO COOL!! KEEP IT UP

Closed Thread