It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Muscle/Fat?

I have got down to my weight goal..via diet/exercise weights ect,,ect,, lot of hard work and determantion
This morening when I was on my treadmill I notice my calfs of my legs are getting big? and I do pump a little Iron 3 times week..I notice my bi-chips/ arms are getting bigger with muscle.....I don't want to gain muscle!!!
now my question is how do I keep mantaining my weight loss without gaining muscle?
I don't want to be a body builder or muscle man or anything like that, my intintions was lose the weight and get healthy, but now My arms are getting big not with fat but muscle....my t-shirts are tight because I'm getting bigger muscle not fat... and I don't want that!
this may sound sillly to you males but I'm just not a muscle man type..I like to be just regular size guy.
should I add more calories to my diet? or simply do less exercise?

Old 09-13-2006, 04:01 AM   #2
(female)

vcanadien HB User
Re: Muscle/Fat?

I am not a health expert but I'll share what I understand of building muscle from my workouts. I don't think you should stop pumping iron but don't increase the weight anymore (assuming you have been increasing the weight as it becomes easy for you). I was told to tone you need low weight, high repetitions, to build muscle you need high weight, low repetition. Your body won't build muscle unless it needs to so it can do what you ask of it.
Congradulations on meeting you weight goal; I'm still stuggling to do so.
Hope this helps, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

You might also consider only lifting 1 or 2 days a week instead of 3. As far as your calves go, the cardio you are choosing to use for weight loss, the treadmill, will work your calf muscles. But, nice toned calves are good!

Old 09-13-2006, 08:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Well chevy,

I guess you'll just have to start wearing baggy clothes to hide those hideous bulging biceps, that sharply edged abdominal six-pack, and those unsightly rock hard bowling-pin calves.

Life is tough!

Old 09-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Yeah I guess so....lol
wonderful advise thanks.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Thank you,
''ucanadien'' and ''rubato,'' I'll sure try your suggestions.

I wanted to apologize if everyone was thinking I was just being ''concited'' I never meant it to sound that way? but at the same time I am proud of what I have done.

I just wanted to know how to mantain my weight loss without gaining muscle?
I never said I have a ''sharply edged abodominal six-pack''? or''unsightly bowling pin calfs''?
ALTHO I'D LOVE TO HAVE A ANY KIND OF SIX-PACK..I'M FAR FROM THE PERFECT BODY BELIEVE MEEEE!
just getting bigger muscle on them parts of my body I mention!
I don't want big.
sometimes comments like that are discourageing to others and maybe somewhat offinsive,but I guess he's either just kidding around jealous or has a warped sense of humor that needs to be over look.

Closed Thread