It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

ARod143 HB User
Wink help! need motivation

I need some help. I dont seem to have self control when it comes to food. I keep gaining the weight and i am not getting motivated to try and lose it.I even eat when I'm not hungry. If something looks good then I eat it. I had a weight that I told my syself I wouldnt pass and I just passed it.I am barley 5 feet tall si I cant afford to gain anymore!I have a gym membership but I dont always go. When I do try and eat healthy I just never know what to eat. What is healthy? Friuts and veggies of course but what if I want a meal? Everthing sems to be high in calories and fat. Help!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: help! need motivation

hi,
I hear what your saying...''been there done that''
I think loseing weight is a mind thing mostly , a lot about loseing weight and getting your self motavated depends on how much you have to lose, its eazier for a person that just needs to lose 10 15 ,20 lbs than it is for a person thats over weight say by 60 to 70 lbs or more.

and for a person that needs to lose a lot of weight its just so overwhelming..for them and they start a diet with good intintions and go hungry and be miserable for a few weeks and tip the scales at the same weight as when they started out, and give up more or less. I can understand that type of frustration...maybe they think in there mind there just destain to be an over weight prson all there life??..I know I have thought that many many times.
about the only advise I can give you is for you to find that motavation you need to get your mind right...think long and hard...because dieting is a very hard thing to do but it can be a simple thing to do also.

I tried all types of diets out there and always just gave up...from the low carb diets low fat diets to basicly starveing myself...nothing seem to work for me.

so I started to count calories one week and one week only I kept my calorie count down to just 1200 a day and drink lots of water..I lost 8 lbs that week(probably mostly fluids water) but hey I''ll take it...so needless to say that motivated me...I set my calorie count to 1700 daily, purchase a good treadmill and elliclitcal machine, and started to work out only about 5 min a day tho and increased it as I could to be comfortable....thats how I lost all my weight exercise 6 days a week and lift a few weights to tone my muscles...

Its hard at first to count calories you need to read the labels and educate yoursself on the different foods, but the basic thing is calories consumed in one day.
The reason I think counting calories for me is I could still have the foods I loved..just not as much.
I eat like 300 calories for breakfast 500//600 for dinner and about the same for supper and if theres something thats hi-in calories I want I just save up my calories so I can have it...and at times for snack I eat a half apple bannana or a light low fat yougart...or few strawberrys blueberrys ect,,,ect,,
meats and deserts are my hardest foods but I get through. but I've manage.
ALSO I HAVE ME A CHEAT DAY ONCE A MONTH TO KEEP FROM BEING DEPRIVED...OF THE FOODS I DO LOVE THAT ARE HI IN CALORIES. BUT JUST THAT ONE DAY AND THE MORE YOU COUNT CALORIES THE LESS YOU WILL WANT THEM BAD CALORIES FOODS

its a little eazier for a male because they can have a few more calories than female.
BUT JUST THINK ABOUT IT NO MATTER WHAT DIET YOU CHOSE IF YOU CONSUME A LOT OF CALORIES EVEN THO YOUR ON A DIET PLAN, JUST ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS THE CALORIES THAT YOU EAT THAT CAUSES WEIGHT GAIN, SO SEE THATS WHY ITS MOST IMPORTANTLY TO EAT A LOW CALORIE COUNT EACH DAY. along with exercise you will lose and you need to give it time to work at least 4 to 6 weeks..you do all this and I guartee you will lose a lot of weight and in a safe way.

lot of people use there familys and loved ones as there motivation and thats fine, I use my motivation as my weight loss every time I look a them scals and they go backwards thats my motivation and when them scales just stay the same sure I get frustrated but I just tell myself maybe next time and keep on doing what I been doing only maybe exercise a little more or something like that walk a longer walk to from the parking lot to work or if I'm at the grocery store ect,,ect,,
bbut no matter what you use for your motivation its ok to use it just keep your chin up and try the best you can it helps to get you a buddy but if you can't its even more rewarding to yourself to do it alone thats how I did it.
Good Luck to you you can do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
(female)

ARod143 HB User
Wink Re: help! need motivation

thank you so much! i never thought i would get a reply like that. I really appreciate it

Old 09-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #4
(female)

Hoochie HB User
Re: help! need motivation

Let me tell you that it doesn't happen over night. I have been trying to lose weight since I have been on this board and I have been up and down. The big thing to remember is that if you fail one day, get over it and start again. Don't throw in the towel and quit. My motivation is that I am turning 40 in a few months and I want to look good. I am not setting a goal that I cannot obtain. I would like to lose around 7-10 pounds. I go on my treadmill every morning for 30 minutes. I walk 1 minute, run 1 minute etc. My day gets a good kick start and by exercising in the morning, I watch what I eat a little more. My husband told me that if I lose ten pounds, he will give me money to go buy new clothes for my holiday in December. I guess what I am saying is you have know the reason why you are doing it and remind yourself all the time. It is an our heads and you are the only one who can do it. Stay on the board as most people here are very encouraging! Good luck to you. Stick with it!! Hoochie

Closed Thread