It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User
update, and some questions. . . . .

Hello all. It's been a while since posting---been busy since school started. Well, I've lost about 3 lbs in a two week period, which I guess is a little below average. I haven't had time to walk but only a couple of days a week, so the excercise isn't what I hoped. QUESTION---Does running around neurotically (sp) between soccer, girl scouts, preschool, housework and my job count as any excercise? I know it's kind of a lame excuse, and it's not like doing the treadmill, but.... I'll take what I can ..

Also, I'm still having a tough time getting to between 1200-1400 calories. Most days, I'm only at about 1000 and that's a high estimate. I have been tracking calories/carbs/protein/fat on a website I found.
QUESTION--Should I just top the night off with a big bowl of ice cream to make up the difference?

One last question which I think is rhetorical---Am I correct in thinking that only 1000 calories will hinder, not help the weight loss? Should I try a week at a higher amount (if I can) ?

Thanks! Hope everyone is well and doing well!

---mmmcoffee

Old 09-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
(female)

Hoochie HB User
Re: update, and some questions. . . . .

What do you eat that keeps you so full at 1000 calories a day is what I'd like to know. I don't think ice cream is your best choice but I do think you need more calories.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Nothing really that I can think of. It just doesn't take much to fill me up I guess. I do drink alot of water throughout the day and sometimes I have coffee in the afternoon, which might be it. i don't know. Today, after entering my foods (on two separate websites) I came up with about 980. The sights were both within 50 of each other. So it may not be EXACT, but pretty close. I even had chicken, rice and veggies for dinner (instead of just salad) Maybe since I have been eating so little for a while, my stomach shrank. Unless that's an old wive's tale....I don't know. I'll try to eat more I guess. Maybe a high protein bar for snack after dinner. That'll be another 200 cals. Thanks for your reply.

mmmcoffee

Old 09-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

hi,
3 lbs in 2 weeks is not bad...not bad at all that a good safe way to lose..
as far as increasing your calories you may try to up it to 1200 or around that number, and yes the things you do your errands yes man that does count for exercise and any phyiscal movement you do is exercise.

No to the ICE CREAM,,,if you do that that may increase your energy level and the next day you may be hungry when other wise you wouldn't.
try the increased in calories first and see what results you may get?
exercise when you can other than your errands.
I had a female friend that did not lose at 800 calories and she increased her calories to 1700 and she stated loseing? so go figure..

and also You can not rely on those internet kinds of calulations web sites.
if you count calories be sure and count them yourself estmation is good write them down in a tablet each day.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:38 AM   #5
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Chevy--

I know the websites aren't that accurate, but at least it gives me a good estimate. Most of the things I eat, I end up copying all the nutritional info off the package anyway. I'm not big on ice cream, so avoiding that won't be a problem. I guess I just have to try to eat more for lunch to increase the calories. It's tough to force yourself to eat when you're not hungry though. I'm sure the reason I'm at a plateau is because of not enough calories.

I am constantly going, or so it seems . Although, I did get to walk(or hike) with the dogs yesterday. I'm hoping that can happen again--hopefully Saturday. I try to do that at least a few times a week. My poor treadmill has been used more as a clothes hanger lately. Next week will be better though. Husband is out of town, girls will be in bed by 7:15, leaves me some actual TIME TO MYSELF....wow, sounds wierd! lol That way I can turn on TV upstairs and walk. That'll help too.

Thanks to everyone for their help support and info. I'll up the calories and let you know how it is going in a week or so. THanks again!

mmmcoffee

Old 09-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
(female)

Hoochie HB User

mmmcoffee- If you are full on 1000 calories than you are a lucky person. I guess if your not hungry, why eat. If you feel you need something at night, have some fruit or air popped popcorn. Both of those are okay to eat especially at 900-1000 calories a day. Good for you. Keep going!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #7
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

Today, I made a point of eating more. Breakfast was the usual coffee and harvest power bar (I'm not a big morning eater)...... For lunch--which I don't usually have (unless it's a meal bar)---I bought a small turkey sub with mayo and onions. I did actually eat half of it. I had a few handfuls of Andy Capp cheddar fries and 32oz of vitamin water to wash it down! For dinner I may just have salad, veggies and side of pasta. It was hard to count the calories because I don't know about the sub, made at a local deli--and didn't get the nutrional info off the cheddar fries, so today I'm kind of just winging it. Since I ate more today, I felt a little slow and tired but don't know why. Maybe I should've eaten better stuff.

Tomorrow I promised my 4 yr old McDonalds. So that's unavoidable! I've tried to find nutrional info on the little snack wrap they have, but it's no where to be found. I did look on their website too, but it may be too new on the menu or something. So, lunch will be either snack wrap and iced coffee or side salad and iced coffee. Then it's off to grocery store for an hr worth of shopping (which will count as excercise..lol ) Then home, then off to work for an hour (love the job--1 hr in a.m. 1 hr in p.m. and that's it). Hopefully, I can get out with the dogs in the afternoon or early evening. And there's no soccer, girl scouts or preschool tomorrow, so it's almost like a day off !

I'll try to keep up the 1200 or so calories over the weekend and see how it goes. I will keep you posted, and thank you for your responses!

mmmcoffee

Closed Thread