It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

shortyg HB User
Where do you lose weight first and last???

I was wondering where everyone loses weight first and last on their body. I have been losing weight but I really only see it in my face and a little bit of the legs and waist. I really want to lose it from the arms, they are so HUGE, I must store a lot of fat there. I am short(5'1") and have an hourglass frame, so I have huge arms and legs but my middle(I still need to lose weight there) but not as much as other areas. I was wondering what you all have experienced with losing weight. Do you lose weight last in the areas you store the most fat?

Old 09-14-2006, 06:14 AM   #2
(female)

seo HB User
Re: Where do you lose weight first and last???

Hey shortyg, not sure if this is scientific or not, but my experience has been I usually loose in my arms after I've lost most other places. I am totally with you- my arms used to be huge! I hated the way they looked, and tank tops were out of the question! I started at 209 (I'm 5'4") and started noticing a difference in my arms around 170. Didn't actually mind them until I got to 140. Now at 129, they're finally "good". I did work at toning them though, with weights. Figured if I couldn't have skinny arms maybe I could at least avoid the extra "wave" the bottom tended to give! I started doing weights around 180 and I think this really helped. My arms are toned and finally fit my body.

Good luck with your weight loss! It's tough, but totally do-able if you put your mind to it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

rebby24 HB User

Wow I want to know how you lost all that weight I am 5'4 and weigh 202lbs and would love to be 135, What exactly did you do and how long did it take you?

Old 09-15-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
(female)

seo HB User

Well, it's taken a little over a year and a half for me to loose all of the weight. I started in January 05 weighing 209 and lost 60 pounds by September of that year and completely plateaued. With starting a new job and moving into a new home I guess I lost my motivation because I gained 20 pounds that winter. I started in February of this year weighing 182 and through diet and exercise (and help of a diet pill) I have lost 53 pounds. I started by walking about a mile and worked my way up to 5 or 6 miles daily. I also lift weights 3 or 4 times a week, and then the crunches- yuck! I also stick to a very low calorie diet of 1200-1400 calories a day. I do cheat on weekends sometimes, but I find it keeps me sane!

I think it just takes a change in everything- your lifestyle basically. Just adding in healthy foods and less of them and adding in more and more exercise. I work out 6 days a week. It hasn't been easy, but I've realized that I can do anything I put my mind to. At 209, I would have never thought that. I also realize it isn't a quick fix. I have to change my entire lifestyle. No more yo-yo dieting and then back to old behaviors. I have to stick with my program, even once I reach goal.

Good luck with yours! If someone would have told me at 209 I'd be wearing a size 4 I would have laughed in their face (I hadn't seen single digit sizes in quite a while!) But I am there now, and you'll get there too! Just keep focused on your goals- the many you'll set on the way down and you'll get there.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

AlstottGirl221 HB User

Hi SEO. Which medication did you use? If you don't mind, that is. Thanks

Old 09-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I think the LAST place you lose it is the FIRST place you gained it. THus someone who has a tendency for love handles will get them as soon as he gains a little extra and those love handles will stay until the weight gets WAY back down.
Your body has favorite places for storing fat and that is mostly genetically determined.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:24 AM   #7
(female)

seo HB User

AlstottGirl221,

I was on a suppliment called Lipodrene. There are several threads about it on this board. Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Closed Thread