It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 04:49 AM   #1
(male)

Jason27 HB User
Can I ever model again?

It is a long story, but currently I am 26 years old, 6'2" 240 pounds. I was actually 260 pounds a few months ago but worked out to drop 20 pounds. Back when I modeled I had a "perfect body" at 198 pounds. The only fat that is noticable on my body is my love handles and a little round belly. The worst thing about it is that I have crazy stretch marks where my love handles are. Is it realistic to think I can get back into great shape? I have really cut back on eating but I do enjoy a Ruby Tuesday burger every week. I don't think I can just live on tasteless healthy food forever. I always had the same eating habits, but I used to play basketball 8 hours per day and burn 1000 calories so I could eat everything and never gain a pound.

However I have bad knees (haven't gotten them checked out, not sure if this is permanant or not) which prevents me from playing basketball. I have a treadmill but I only run on it for about 15 minutes before I get bored as hell and want to get off. I just don't have the motivation and energy to really get into shape. I really want to get back into shape but for some reason I am not willing to do the hard work necessary like I used to, it is like I have no energy. Not sure if that is just a part of getting older or what. Any advice you can give would be great, and thanks

Last edited by Jason27; 10-02-2006 at 11:41 PM.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Can I ever model again?

First, go get check out by a good Dr, find out whats wrong with your knees, and why your energy level is down?
at your age you should have lots and lots of energy....why your there visiting with your Doctor ask about a special health plan for weight loss that will fill your needs one that you can do and one that is safe for you, altho most Dr's will just refer you to a nutitrious.

and to lose weight you don't have to eat ''tastelessl'' foods, theres plenty of diets to which to choose!
(I count calories) and exercise everyday.

you need to make a lifestyle change,(committ to yourself) and find your motivation....Anyway you can!

As far as your modeling, I think you may always have them strech marks? once the skin is strech out like that it damages the skin cells for regrowth, theres creams like coco butter ect,,ect,, that may help a little to smooth it out (maybe)..I DON'T KNOW OF ANY TYPE PLASTIC SURGERY BUT THERES ALWAYS THAT CHANCE.
It takes a lot of hard work and determation/motivation to lose weight.
thats all up to you.
Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #3
(male)

Jason27 HB User

Thanks for the response

Old 09-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Chevyman is right. Try Cocoa butter. There are many different brands of it and it really does decrease the marks.

If you are not able to play basketball for a while, there are other options that you can do for cardio. The eliptical and bicycle might work for you as means of exercise in the cardio arena. My DH has knee problems (won't get them checked out) so that is what he does to fight the pain. So far, he has lost 40 pounds since the first of the year with exercise and proper diet.

Don't lose your dream of modeling again. There is a lot of hope.

Take care

Coffeegirl

Closed Thread