It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #1
(male)

sreknim HB User
inspiration

Even though this is my first post, I've been coming here for about 4 months now.

I don't know why I'm posting this now, but just wanted to say that this board really helps keep me going.

I started my diet on May 22 and have lost approx 32lbs since then with calorie counting and exercise. In addition I cut out soda (which was extremely hard to do in the beginning) and have tried to limit other weaknesses (starbuck )

It always helps when you're feeling a little down about how things are going to go somewhere for support and this is what this board has done. Reading other people's struggles (which are the same/similar to mine) and how they've overcome definately gives you a boost.

Like many others here I've dieted before and has some success only to gain it all back. Usually this would happen after a vacation or after a string of bad eating days. I'm sure everyone makes an excuse to have that one bad meal (birthday, celebration, etc) but for me that usually leads to a bad day the following day, etc until I'm off the diet. What I've learned is that it is actually OKAY to eat something that you know you probably shouldn't and not use that as a reason to stop the whole process. One meal doesn't mark the end! Having a reward once a week/month/etc can help keep you going. It was about not letting one meal ruin everything you worked for. Hopefully this makes sense...

Anyway still not at my goal weight...but just felt like now was a good time to let all of you know that just by reading about your experiences and comments with one another has definitely helped to keep me going.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 03:32 AM   #2
(female)

Smileygal HB User
Re: inspiration

32 pounds? Wow good for you! This is actually the first post I have read in this section and just your post hopefully will motivate me to get started. I drink an excessive amount of Coke and over a year ago all I did was cut out all the Coke and drank a ton of water and I lost 14 pds in two weeks! (Told ya I drink a ton of Coke.) Of course I thought I could have Coke occasionally and did for a short time but eventually have gotten back to almost as much as I used to drink and I have the poundage to show for it. I have just started thinking about changing that again. Thanks for the motivation to get going with that. Keep up the good work!

Old 09-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreknim
Even though this is my first post, I've been coming here for about 4 months now.

I don't know why I'm posting this now, but just wanted to say that this board really helps keep me going.

I started my diet on May 22 and have lost approx 32lbs since then with calorie counting and exercise. In addition I cut out soda (which was extremely hard to do in the beginning) and have tried to limit other weaknesses (starbuck )

It always helps when you're feeling a little down about how things are going to go somewhere for support and this is what this board has done. Reading other people's struggles (which are the same/similar to mine) and how they've overcome definately gives you a boost.

Like many others here I've dieted before and has some success only to gain it all back. Usually this would happen after a vacation or after a string of bad eating days. I'm sure everyone makes an excuse to have that one bad meal (birthday, celebration, etc) but for me that usually leads to a bad day the following day, etc until I'm off the diet. What I've learned is that it is actually OKAY to eat something that you know you probably shouldn't and not use that as a reason to stop the whole process. One meal doesn't mark the end! Having a reward once a week/month/etc can help keep you going. It was about not letting one meal ruin everything you worked for. Hopefully this makes sense...

Anyway still not at my goal weight...but just felt like now was a good time to let all of you know that just by reading about your experiences and comments with one another has definitely helped to keep me going.
Great post,
This is a great healthboard/ lots of good people here, great information ect,,ect,,
Good luck to you on your way to your goal weight...IT WILL HAPPEN BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.

Closed Thread