It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #1

MrHopeful HB User
Significant weight loss and loose skin...

Is it possible to lose a significant amount of weight and not have to resort to plastic surgery to look normal after achieving your goal? I've recently lost about 40lbs and still have a ways to go until I hit my goal and I am hoping to look normal, fit and trim when I get there without having to spend thousands for plastic surgery. Is this possible? What can one do to avoid the sagging skin syndrome? Any particular types of exercise that might minimize excess skin?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 08:39 AM   #2

MrHopeful HB User
Re: Significant weight loss and loose skin...

Bump... anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
(female)

Katiebelle HB User

I have lost 11 stone and dont have sagging skin anywhere apart from my tummy . This was always there and ts due to pregnancy ( 4 times with huge babies ) If you want to ensure your skin does not sag it really depends on a few things . You need to make sure your weight loss is slow. Fast weight loss will cause lose skin. Second of all tailored excerise is also vital . That usually means weight lifting. Weights are one of the best and fastest ways of losing weight with out having hanging skin. Now if you do excerise remember your weighty loss will apear to slow even stop . That wont actually be the case . What will be happeneing is that you will be replacing fat with muscle mass and muscle mass is heavier than fat!!! Simple as that. So get benching weights if you can and looks for help from trainers if possible and they will be able to help you target your areas where skin may become loose like your upper arms thighs stomach and bottom . Keep going and best of luck !!!! Its not easy but of course it can be dione I know because I did it !! The other benefit of getting a good prgramme in place now is that it will really help you when you get to maintence. Good habits will save you a lot of problems later believe me !!! ( I am learning that the hard way )
Katie

Old 09-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
(female)

Naughty_Girl HB User

Hi there i just a post on my weight loss.....I find walking helps to lose that loose skin....I also use one of those abdonimal excerise swing things, which has helped loads....I did around 200..300 with it, but now just need to do 100...Hope this helps...Good luck with your weight loss...

Closed Thread