It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

positive_energy HB User
Lightbulb Last Nite of Allowing Myself To Be Fat --- Need Your Support!!!!

Hi everyone,

I didn't know what I was expecting when I came to these boards tonite. I've never been to them before, and I guess I was just looking for some comfort.

About an hour ago I went in for a bath, and decided to do a harmless weight check on the scale. The results? 270 lbs. (My height is 5'10).

In the bath, I cried. I looked at myself. I was ashamed. I've cried and gotten down emotionally before, when my weight has gone up, however 270 lbs. is the highest it's ever been.

I've decided that tonite is it. Tonight is my last nite of being fat, and doing nothing about it.
My only problem is that I'm embarrassed and ashamed of what I've let myself become, therefore, I'm doing this on my own. My friends are all your typical "Skinny, blondes", and I am the odd one out. They wouldn't understand what I'm going through, let alone give me the support I need. ((They look at themselves in the mirror and comment on how "fat their legs are", when I wish my legs looked like theirs.))

So board, I'm asking you, give me some support. I know you don't know me, and I don't know you. Even if you don't care, or don't think I can do it because of the fact that you don't know me, I need some emotional support right now. I want to lose this weight for me, and I need more than ever some little words of good faith from someone who believes in me.

Some good words? Some helpful hints? I'll take anything. And thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Tonite, is the last straw.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
(male)

gibsonsg1991 HB User
Re: Last Nite of Allowing Myself To Be Fat --- Need Your Support!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by positive_energy
Hi everyone,

I didn't know what I was expecting when I came to these boards tonite. I've never been to them before, and I guess I was just looking for some comfort.

About an hour ago I went in for a bath, and decided to do a harmless weight check on the scale. The results? 270 lbs. (My height is 5'10).

In the bath, I cried. I looked at myself. I was ashamed. I've cried and gotten down emotionally before, when my weight has gone up, however 270 lbs. is the highest it's ever been.

I've decided that tonite is it. Tonight is my last nite of being fat, and doing nothing about it.
My only problem is that I'm embarrassed and ashamed of what I've let myself become, therefore, I'm doing this on my own. My friends are all your typical "Skinny, blondes", and I am the odd one out. They wouldn't understand what I'm going through, let alone give me the support I need. ((They look at themselves in the mirror and comment on how "fat their legs are", when I wish my legs looked like theirs.))

So board, I'm asking you, give me some support. I know you don't know me, and I don't know you. Even if you don't care, or don't think I can do it because of the fact that you don't know me, I need some emotional support right now. I want to lose this weight for me, and I need more than ever some little words of good faith from someone who believes in me.

Some good words? Some helpful hints? I'll take anything. And thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Tonite, is the last straw.
Yes, do it. I know just how you feel. I am a 15 year old male, 5'7", 240. Just stick with it, and just keep telling yourself you can do it, because you can. I had an idea for myself. I am gonna buy a shirt of a band I really like that is one size too small, and set my goal to be to comfortably fit into it, then after that, the same thing.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
(female)

karenb75 HB User

I firmly believe that if you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. I had a baby three months ago and have the baby weight to lose and then some. I kept feeling down about my weight but I wasn't doing anything to help myself. When I finally said okay this is it, I started really eating right and excersizing. I am down five pounds now and it has only taken a couple of weeks to lose the five pounds.
So I say to you, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Have faith in yourself and realize that it is okay to get off track and even take a couple of steps backward. You just have to recognize what is happening and get yourself right back on track.
You can do it because you are a winner!

Best of luck to you sweetie!

Old 09-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
(female)

Frozen HB User

Here, you are not alone. Here, you are not the odd one out. Maybe we haven't seen your face, or been to your home, or talked on the phone. But we do know you. We've shed the same tears and have felt the same self-doubt. Let's stick together and carry each other through this new era of loving, respecting and bettering ourselves, OK?

{{{BIG HUGS}}}

Old 09-17-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
(female)

positive_energy HB User

You all don't know how much your posts mean to me. I am crying again, this time with tears of happiness and hope.
Thank you.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 AM   #6
(female)

karenb75 HB User

Well put Frozen! We are here for each other. To support each other. We are all going through the same thing. Anytime you need someone to talk to, just log on!

Old 09-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
(female)

twinheart HB User

pos - I am very proud of you - you are never alone - we are all right there with you - hang in - you can do it!!!

Last edited by twinheart; 09-19-2006 at 09:34 AM.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
(female)

dango HB User

Honey;

Keep your determination--just don't be too down on yourself. You & I, we started our "new plan" at the SAME WEIGHT--only I am 5'1! Can you imagine?

I guess I hadn't TRULY looked at myself in a year--& I can relate to your feelings of shame. More so, I actually have PAIN upon walking any distance etc. 10 pounds later, 260--I actually FEEL how much easier it is to be in my body, shower (I'm a clean freak), get around.

I'm a singer, dancer and used to perform in public--which relid on my looks A LOT!!! I know what you mean about those "skinny-mini" friends who complain about being fat.

So, let's just journey into the future and get into a "goodbody" self and never mind any negativity. Cast off the shame. I can't afford to look at myself too closely right now, so not to get discouraged. BUT I meditate every night on the "healthy me" I am focused on being. That helps me.

Hugs--
Mya

Old 09-19-2006, 06:22 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

postive , I know what you mean, I have a good female friend that is a lot like you sshe weighs about the same only she is shorter, anyway, last christmas party, we all had got togather at the office I work at and most of the females are skinny/thin! all but my good friend, well she never showed up at the party and I ask about her someone said that her car had broke down...so I went to pick her up, she open the door and I ask her to come on I will take you and bring you back, she look at me with tears in her eyes and said I can't go I'm way to fat and all the other girls are so pretty and don't have a weight problem, well... I said to her so what I'm way over weight too but I'm going she said yeah but your a guy...anyway I could not convince her to go, and I thought about how she was feeling and how bad it must be for a female to be over weight let alone myself.
she made me look at myself I guess you could say because I knew all to well how she was feeling.

so I didn't go back to the party either and I went home that night, threw out all the bad foods ice cream cakes cookies and stuff like trhat mostly hi-carbs hi calories foods, I went to the sears store purchase a good quility treadmilll and elliptical machine and started counting calories and working out, I just recently got to my goal weight loss as of 1/2/06 to date I've lost 72lbs.

My friend is doing the same thing and she is in the process of loseing, I'm not sure just how much she has lost but she is looking good every day, I'm so proud of her...she is on a 1200 calorie diet and drinking lots of good cold water along with exercise.
she goes to a weight loss clinic, they prescribe her the pheadamine tablets...<cs

anyway I don't know what diet plans you have in mind?
but the one you choose I hope its a good one for you, one that you can do pretty eazy.
because dieting has to be the hardest thing in the world to do.
make loseing your motivation each week you lose pat yourself on the back and be porud for you...thats what I did.... and if I didn'nt lose that week I never got upset, a little frustrated but not upset and just kept on driving myself, and I started out lowering my calorie intake to 1500 a day,and exerciseing just 5 minutes a day at a slow walk, and increase it as I FELT MORE COMFORTABLE TO DO SO, THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN AFTER ABOUT 4 OR 5 WEEKS I WAS DOING GOOD LOSEING ABOUT 5 TO 7 LBS A WEEK , THEN IT ALL JUST STOP...that was mostly water weight/fluids and these good folks on these healthbords got me back on track and more motivated to keep on keeping on, now I'm exercising over an hour each morning,and still loseing.
I LOVE ALL OF'EM

I KNOW YOU CAN DO THE SAME ...JUST TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME AND DO NOT BURN YOURSELF OUT...IF YOU CAN'T GET YOU A TREADMILL OR A EXERCISE MACHINE .... MAYBE YOU CAN JOIN A GYM OR JUST GO FOR LONG WALKS AROUND YOUR BLOCK,ANY EXERCISE YOU DO WILL BE GREAT AND IT HELPS SPEED UP THE WEIGHT LOSS PROCESS AND YOU FEEL BETTER AND LOOK BETTER, ITS A LOT OF HARD WORK BUT YOUR POSTIVE ATTIUDE YOU CAN DO IT DARLING.

IF you have trouble dieting or the weight is not coming off like you think it should...get back on these healthboards and post your feelings and thoughts, we all will listen and try our best to help you.
don't be shy.
IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE THEM BLONDES YOU MENTION WILL WANT YOUR LEGS...count on it.
and welcome to the weight loss boards.
Good Luck to you .

Last edited by chevyman; 09-19-2006 at 07:02 PM.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:46 AM   #10
(female)

Lealing HB User

Hi Positive Enegry!

Don't despair. Persevere! I'm only 5ft tall and weigh 164lbs which according to the BMI makes me obese. This week I have started a new weight loss plan. I cut out all snacking and eat three balanced meals a day. I have also started running on the treadmill in the evenings and do a bit of aerobics. Let's encourage each other to keep up the good work. I'm really determined to lose weight this time as I have been fat for far too long.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I think for most women that are overweight in the 270 lb range and about 5'4 to 5''10 if you have rather large breast, then you should try to decide just how much each one would weight and - that from your total weight...I know that sounds stupid but just think what you would weigh if you didn't have large breast?
and when you lose you do lose in your breast.
I was just thinking maybe that might have some phyco effect?
or help you get motivated.
also for a woman having extra large breast, would have some sort of back pain, but I'm not to sure on that?

I know I'd hate to carry around a set of 44 double D's or bigger all day.

Last edited by chevyman; 09-20-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #12
(male)

Dave440 HB User

I think many people need that one moment where teh tides turn and they take a step back and look at themselves introspectivly and realize that there HAS to be a life change. Not just some diet but a LIFE CHANGE. I remember when it happened to me and it seems like it has happened to you. June 1 2006 I realized I needed to make a difference in my weight and I have completly altered what I eat, when I eat and my focus is on training and staying active. So far I'm down 40 pounds since the beginning of June and I've now done a triathalon and training for a 100 mile century ride the middle of next month. I can now look at myself in the mirror and like what i see. It takes work but you will get there. You will and can do the same too.

Congratualtions on the epiphany. and stay strong and stay focused.

Closed Thread