It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

Frozen HB User
Weight Watchers Core - eating actual food

I can't say enough good things about this program. I'm eating healthful, whole foods. No junk. No crap from a box. Lean meats, veggies, fruits, eggs, skim milk, brown rice, whole wheat pasta... Delicious! They take some preparation, but I love being so involved in what I'm nourishing my body with.

Some days, when I'm really focused, I can tell you exactly what ingredients I've eaten (except those days that I'm squirting the Can't Belive It's Not Butter spray on my food ). And I'm ashamed that the concept of knowing exactly what I'm consuming is a novelty for me.

Best thing? I lost 8.4 pounds in the first week. Eliminating those refined carbs just shed the water weight right off me. And no cravings at all. I know this week's weigh-in won't be quite as exciting, but my scale at home says I've lost at least a little.

Yay, food!

Old 10-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
(female)

blinggirl HB User
Re: Weight Watchers Core - eating actual food

Hey 8.4 lbs that absolutely awesome!! I've been thinking of joining WW and your post just convinced me. I'm now doing Jenny Craig and I just can't get past all the crap "additives" in the food. The food is good but I"m looking for a healthier eating plan. Keep up the good work...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
(female)

Finine HB User

Core is the best thing that ever happened to WW. Unfortunately, I doubt they will ever "push" it they way they push the Flex/Points program, because they can't sell all those crazy pre-packaged foods to Core followers.

I did Core and really enjoyed it. It promotes eating healthy, whole foods, and I am a big fan of that.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

Frozen HB User

Lost another 1.5 this week, even after the pizza and hot fudge sundae last week. Loving it!

Old 10-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Thats great to hear, good for you frozen.

I use to think WW was a little like counting calories when you had to weigh/measure almost everything you ate.
The flex point system maybe a little more like that?
and the core plan is basicly more on the side of the good carbs and veggies.
I TRIED THAT FLEX POINT SYSTEM AND IT WAS JUST TO HARD FOR ME??. AND TO THIS DAY I DON'T KNOW WHY? BECAUSE I'M A CALORIE COUNTER.
Never the less it's always good to hear when someone has lost a lot and is happy with there dieting such as Ms Frozen.
keep up the good work girl.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:46 AM   #6
(female)

Frozen HB User

You're right, Chevy. The Points program in WW is a lot of counting and measuring. The Core program is simpler in that it gives you boundaries to live within -- certain foods that are always OK -- but you just eat them until you are satisfied. Then you get 35 points per week to keep track of anything that's not a core food, like treats, bread, beer, etc. I'd lost 35lbs on the points system a few years ago, but it was too obsessive for me. I don't like writing everything I eat down or keeping such close track. That just makes me more obsessed with food, and I don't need that!

Old 10-07-2006, 04:29 AM   #7
(female)

blinggirl HB User

Frozen, I've just joined WW and going to try the Core program. ITs very encouraging to hear that you lost 9.9 lbs in 2 weeks and that's with eating pizza . Wish me luck...

Old 10-07-2006, 08:09 AM   #8
(female)

Frozen HB User

Good luck, Bling! It's really a lifestyle change, as cliche as it sounds. I've been splurging once a week or so and am still losing. Make sure you listen to your body and eat until you are satisfied so that you won't be tempted by all the garbage food out there. Keep a Zone bar or a piece of fruit in your bag in case you find yourself somewhere that has nothing but french fries and corn dogs.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #9
(female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

Hi, congrats on your weight loss. I just joined WW this week, I have been in it before but got cocky thinking I could do it myself, thought why give them money to weigh me when I have a scale at home then I started estimating measurements and not writing it down and that was it... what I lost came right back. I love WW cause it's not a diet where u give up everything you ever loved to eat but makes you make better choices and yet enjoy pizza and beer. I am really excited to start losing weight. I am doing the points rather than core but am interested in that as well .. can I switch after this week or should I not

Old 10-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

rebby24 HB User

How does the core plan work? I am doing flex points and I like but it would be nice to do thing a little different it may help kick things off again!

Old 10-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #11
(female)

buterfliegirl HB User

I'm so glad to hear you really like the core plan. I've been a member of WW since this past May. Was doing the flex plan but I've been less motivated the past few weeks and thinking of switching over to core. Thanks

Old 10-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

I'm also a WW member, but I do the flex plan. I lost 10 pounds in my first 2 weeks!!! It's WONDERFUL! I don't think I'd survive on the Core plan since I'm pretty sure I would go overboard on the eating.. I've thought of switching to the Core for a week or two to see how I do, but not sure yet.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #13
(female)

Frozen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bmommy
I'm pretty sure I would go overboard on the eating.
You know, I was worried about that, too. But I've found that the core foods are much more satisfying than the foods I used to eat. One bowl of whole wheat pasta is enough for me, whereas I could eat two or three bowls of white pasta and still want more. I made a great whole wheat penne bake with lean ground beef, fat free ricotta, fresh marinara, green peppers, mushrooms, etc. Every ingredient was a core food, but I felt like I was cheating. Yum!

I often eat a whole wheat english muffin with an egg fried in butter and a slice of 2% american cheese for breakfast. It's not a ton of food, but it holds me well through lunch time. I do have to count four points for this particular meal, but we get 35 points per week for such "treats".

My WW leader says you can switch between the plans from week to week (but not from day to day), so you might want to see if core suits your lifestyle. You can always go back to flex. FWIW, I've lost 13lbs in the past 5 weeks by making these little changes. (one of these weeks included 4 days of binge eating on vacation, but my weight stayed exactly the same for the week) I feel I've finally found a program that will take me all the way to my goal and then help me maintain.

Last edited by Frozen; 10-27-2006 at 04:28 PM.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #14
(female)

NYLady1976 HB User
Talking Re: Weight Watchers Core - eating actual food

The core plan is the way to go. I lost 50 pounds about 13 years ago, on Weight Watchers and have kept it off.

I have been on the core program and love it. It is the easiest program they have ever had, and I have lost more weight on it.

Weight Watchers is real food, and works. If you work the program, it will work for you.

Congratulations to everyone on their fabulous success!!

Go us!!

Old 10-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #15
(female)

Busygirl HB User

Anyone have an older teen that successfully used the weight watchers program?

Closed Thread