It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User
Question Best Diet Pills?!

Hey guys. I was wondering what's the best working diet pills on the market. Either Over the Counter or Doctor prescribed. I eat fairly healthy, on a rare occasion I eat junk food but its not an everyday or every week thing. My boyfriend and I watch our calorie intake and we dont eat alot of red meat. Mostly chicken and veggies. I don't drink alcohol or sodas. I drink green tea and occasionally a gatorade. I currently cannot workout and wont be able to for probally another 6- 10 months. I am trying to loose a bit of weight that just wont budge with diet and exercise. I'm looking to loose around 50lbs hopefully. The reason I cannot work out well is because I am on disability for a knee injury and have been now for a little over a year.

Anyone know of any good diet pills??

Old 11-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
(female)

YorkieLuvr HB User
Re: Best Diet Pills?!

As far as I know there are no good diet pills. Have you been checked out by your health practitioner? Based on the diet you are describing I would assume that either your caloric intake is exceeding what you burn, or that your body may have some type of imbalance.

The reason I suggest you see your practitioner is that even if you lose the weight with pills, if there is an underlying problem it will still exist once you get off the pills.

If it is tied to excessive calories, the same thing. Stop taking the pills, your appetite returns and so will the weight.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

One of my biggest problems with losing weight is that I have an IBS problem and I have for about 2 years now, I am not currently on any health insurance but I am working for medicaid. I need health insurance. That why I was also wondering if there were any good OTC pills.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #4
(female)

YorkieLuvr HB User

Danielle,

I wonder if maybe a health food store could suggest a product or supplement? I just don't know. Diet pills in any form scare me - there have been just too many times the FDA comes back and says "Opps, we made a mistake and this product causes harm".

I used to have IBS also (a serious problem), but I was able to correct everything through diet. Adding more grains and veggies, cutting back on meat, seafood, dairy, drinking more water, less tea/coffee, etc.

Trust me I know it is tough not to have insurance, I'm in the same boat.

Hopefully someone else will answer your post with a good recommendation.

Last edited by YorkieLuvr; 11-13-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Best diet pills are NO diet pills.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:26 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

Yes I know everyone says no diet pills and I know that they can work I have seen people in cases where it has. I have problems eating everything lol. We think my IBS is more along the lines of a wheat allergy, plus I know dairy kills me too. Not having insurance is the only reason I havent been tested for this because I know it would cost an arm and a leg lol. I have cut candy and sodas out of my diet. The only sugar intake I get is natural sugar or like the sugar in Yoplait Light Yogurt which I have heard is a good helper for losing weight.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:25 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Danielle, A lot of people here are against diet pills, and I for one think most are a waste of time and money. The only ones proven to work are: any with ephedra (which has been banned in most states), phentermine, meridia, and xenical. If you are serious about losing weight, you have to go to your dr first. If you are 50 lbs overweight then he/she may prescribe phen, meridia or xenical for you. If you are already a healthy weight and want to lose 50 lbs just for looks, then he/she may not. You can also get them at an online pharmacy that have real doctors online that approve you and send you the pills (about $79 for 30pills). Even online you have to prove that you are overweight and need the pills to help you eat right and exercise. It's like your dr. away from home.

I disagree with what some people say about weight loss and it being as easy as eating less and exercising, because I have been overweight for more than half my life and have been trying to lose it for that time. I believe that during childhood I went through a hard situation and went to food for comfort. I litterally gained weight over a summer. Up until 4th grade I was skinny as heck, then during 4th grade I plumped up dramatically, and my mind has always (subconsciously) been stuck at that point in time. I have tried tons of diet plans, having a journal, I tried WW three times, and even just tried to cut out things and exercise. It either never came off, or I couldn't stick to depriving myself. So, I recently went out and got myself some phentermine. I have lost my appetite, my body isn't craving those bad things anymore (like diet soda and sweets) and I am finally starting to lose weight.

I guess what i'm trying to say, is that diet pills are a second to last resort (next to surgery). If you are counting calories and exercising, and the weight still isn't coming off, then maybe you should consider going to your dr, but if you are losing weight, I would say just keep doing what your doing. I know that I can't stay on the pills forever, but they are helping me in overcoming obesity, and that I deserve as much of a chance to be healthy as those who lost weight without aids.
I hope I helped a little

Old 11-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User

Yes thank you you really helper me out alot. Everyone else just seemed to want to criticize. But like you said those were people who it came easy too. I have tried everything, exercise and diets and sometimes I lose a couple pounds but then eventually it comes back. Its a pain in the *** lol. I will talk to my doctor and see what he has to say about some help in that department and again.
THANK YOU!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

I'm glad I could help out. I weighed in today, and I lost 2.8 pounds this week, bringing my total to about 11.6 pounds in the past two weeks. I haven't been this low in years LOL. The Phen really helps me suppress my appetite, so I can save my calories for when I need them.

I eat a good breakfast, switching between two eggs and a slice of wheat toast, to cereal, to chocolate chip pancakes. I try to keep variety and eat things I normally would, so when I get off the Phen, I can keep doing what I was doing. I usually eat no more than 300 calories for breakfast. I eat lunch after I get home from my classes, which is a few hundred calories, and eat a good, sometimes big dinner. I always keep my calories above 1000, usually 1200-1300. And I exercise and burn about 300-400 calories 6x a week.

Good luck!

Closed Thread