It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

PrettyInPink978 HB User
Does anyone else have this problem???!

Does anyone else have this problem, and if you do, how do you deal with it??

So i eat really good all day long, and when I get home for dinner I eat a decent dinner, but usually about an hour later, sometimes even less, I CRAVE carbohydrates. And it isn't like a little carbohydrate snack will fill me up, NO, I want to eat a whole box of cereal or a whole bag of crackers or a bag of chips...It is so frustrating because this craving always hits me right after dinner

Old 12-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #2
(female)

jstin HB User
Re: Does anyone else have this problem???!

I am not sure if this is correct, but my friend has done a lot of research on health and diet. She says that are bodies need a little bit of that sugar which can be obtained from carbs. In order to keep her from having cravings she always allows herself a little sweet after dinner.Like a small bowel of ice cream or a cookie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

PIP,

Something about those evening hours that inspires gorging. Maybe habit, maybe boredom, maybe hunger.

We must all deal with that urge to keep running back into the kitchen for MORE.

I find two things help: going OUT at night (legitimate theaters don't provide snacks ) and eating later (sometimes tough.) Maybe going for a long walk the iinstant the cravings begin is a good idea.

You can always having carrots, celery, oranges around. Have a cup of coffee or tea when you get the munchies.

Another thought on the "immediately after dinner" urge. Try waiting an extra half hour or an hour to allow your dinner to start digesting and raising your BG a bit. Then maybe the urge to "continue dinner" all night long won't be overwhelming.

We do what we CAN!

Signed,
Starvin' Marvin

Last edited by Lenin; 12-06-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
(male)

monkeypounds HB User

Yes, I completely understand. Here's what I do and it works out great. Eat a small amount of Carbs and supplement it with a fiber pill or some sort of Protein, both will make you feel full. It also sounds like you might be needing to eat a bit more during the day which will make you feel full into the evening hours. Of course when ever you eat you should drink 1-2 cups of water this will also make you feel full. I hope this worked.

Jorge

Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #5

SwtLilThang HB User

I have had this problem a lot. I eat very healthy and stay within my calorie allowance during the day. Then, at around 9 or 10pm, I get massive cravings, especially for carbs. It seems as if my body won't be satisfied until the entire house is empty.

Most nights I can ignore it, but at least once I week I find myself snacking so much after dinner that I take in another meal's worth or more of calories.

The suggestion about taking in more fiber or protein is helpful. I'm going to try and record what I eat during the day when I have those crazy cravings and see if there's a trigger.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

This carb craving thing only happens to me when I ingest too many carbs in the first place, and when the carbs are in the "junk" form. ie: pizza, bread, pasta...anything white! It then results in a carb snowball effect because the more I ingest, the more I crave, and unfortunately will eat. For me it helps to have a protein and a veg for dinner, followed by a salad. I aim to keep carb consumption to the early part of the day only.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:38 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Pretty, What helped me was reading some of the so-called low carb plans and their explanations of how some people react to consuming carbohydrate-laden foods. Most point to the Eades' Protein Power as the best description; I also like the Hellers' description in one of their Carbohydrate Addicts' books. They both offer possible remedies; and there are other plans offering other remedies - all aiming in the same general direction but structured slightly differently. Some people find one plan works better than another. If you look into things, maybe you would find something to help you.

Closed Thread