It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User
Can someone help me with a 1500 calorie diet meal plan

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the recommended calories in a day without damaging your metabolism. I'm trying to lose weight by going on a 1500 calorie diet but I can barely reach 1000 calories a day. I don't get hungry enough I don't know why and eating is starting to become more of a "job" for me.

I eat GoLean cereal in the morning which has about 9 grams of protein and fiber. That's only about 200 max including milk. Then for lunch which is around 5 pm for me because I hardly get hungry I have a simple sandwich(I used to use miracle whip light for dressings but I use regular mayonaise now because I'm low on calories). And my last meal of the day is another bowl of GoLean cereal.

So can someone please help me design a 1500 calorie diet meal plan. I'd be really grateful!

Old 12-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: Can someone help me with a 1500 calorie diet meal plan

Hi Junior77-

1500 calories seems rather low for a man. And 1000 definetley is . But I have a few suggestions and I am sure many others on the board will too, they're very helpful.

-try eating nuts like peanuts, almonds, and especially walnuts which are very high in Omega3 fatty acids throughout the day. Since going for so many hours between breakfast and lunch can cause your metabolism to slow.
-you really sould encorporate fruits and vegetables too. Maybe add fruit to your cereal. And veggie on your sandwich, like using romaine lettuce, sprouts etc. You can also use hummus on your sandwich instead of miricle whip which has no nutritional value. I usually make a whole wheat wrap, spread garlic hummus on it with turkey breast, sprouts, shredded carrots and sometimes cucumbers. You can try cutting it up in small portions and nibble on it throughout the day.

If I think of anything else I will let you know. Good luck .
Bella

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
(female)

ktt HB User

Hi J77,

Geez I wish I had that problem LOL I think if you google that they'll be a bunch of sites with meal plans but here are a few suggestions.

Try using whole wheat english muffins. I had homemade pizza today using a whole wheat english muffin, organic tomato sauce and cheese. That totals about about 250 calories and if you have two, 500. Just pop them in a toaster over, set to broil and they're done in about 5 min

If you like pasta, use whole wheat and your tomato sauce like the one I use is 160 calories per 4 ounces since it contains olive oil . One serving of spaghetti is only about 3/4" so I usually have a serving and a half plus sauce so that's 400 calories. I usually add shrimp since that's low calorie so that totals about 480 unless I add extra sauce.

Olive oil is very good for you and a tablespoon is 120 calories so if you need healthy fats and extra calories that and nuts will do it.

Another quick meal you can make is brown rice with black beans and salsa if you like mexican. You can buy brown rice in bags that you boil for 10 min. Put a cup of rice in a bowl, put in a half cup of black beans or whatever beans you like (they sell beans in cans already cooked if you don't want to start from scratch), add salsa and nuke for about 3 min. That totals about 250 and is a complete protein but you can also add any meat to it for extra calories or sometimes I add soy chicken or cut up veggie burgers which add another 100 or 200.

Soup is a good way to add some extra calories and if you like sweet potatos those are very good for you and high in calories so a small sweet potato is about 150. Avocados also contain healthy fats and have a high calorie content so you can add some to a sandwich and that will boost the calorie content.

I would also add some extra snacks into your daily routine like some peanut butter with an apple or nuts with yogurt. Those will give you lots of healthy options to add calories and nutrition to your diet.

Hope those help

Old 12-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Execellent post ktt.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User

cool thanks for the help everyone!!

and thanks for reminding me about the olive oil healthy fats... I forgot about them. I'll try including that into my meals now. Maybe I'll eat some eggs cooked with olive oil in the morning along with my cereal and bread too.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Junior77; 12-17-2006 at 12:13 AM.

Closed Thread