It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
(female)

runr42 HB User
is it possible to lose weight while on birth control pills?

I have been taking birth control pills for a little over a year now. I have a goal to lose about 5-10 lbs. Is it possible to lose weight while on birth control, or should I go off of it? I really like the bcp's because my periods are light and regular and I'd rather not stop them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Re: is it possible to lose weight while on birth control pills?

Yes, you can lose weight on the pill, it's harder, but you can. I went off the pill for the very same reason, to lose weight faster, and now I am regretting it. I have SUPER heavy periods, and they come every 20 days! I am going to go back on them--this is DEFINITELY not worth it! Hope this helps...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Actually I lost a good amount of weight on the pill. I started going on the pill in high school and dropped 2 sizes. I used to snack more though and started eating a lot healthier. Instead of munching on chips when I would get home, I would skip the snack or eat some fruit or veggies if I was hungry. My dad had high cholesterol so my mom's very healthy cooking helped too. I was in a dance class and would work out at the gym, so I lost about 20 pounds and went from a size 7 to a 3. I was never really big, but I wanted to weigh less since every little bit showed up on me since I'm not tall (5'4"). So yes, I would say if you change your eating habits and exercise habits while on the pill, you can most definitely lose weight! Good luck!

FYI.. I have been on the pill for 5-6 years.

Last edited by tUrRrRa; 01-01-2007 at 05:45 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to tUrRrRa For This Useful Post:
MGrizz (04-08-2012)
Old 01-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
(female)

lifesnotchess HB User

Im sure it is possible, but I think it also depends on the kind of pill you're on. I am actually having a similar problem as you. This past summer I started taking Avaiane (sp), since I started taking it 8 months ago I gained almost 20 pounds!!!!!!!! Not only did I put on a lot of weight but I also was breaking out so bad. Recently I went to the doctor and they informed me that it was a bad hormone combination in the pill I was taking that was causing this to happen to me. They put me back on Ortho Tricyclin Lo, (which I was on before), and in this past month I have noticed quite a decrease in my hunger, and my acne is completely gone! Im so aggarvated because I don't loose weight easily and now I am going to have to work super hard to loose the weight I gained from taking a medication that was supposed to HELP me. So if you feel that the pill is causing you to gain weight you might want to get that checked out.

Closed Thread