It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
(female)

lifesnotchess HB User
Is cutting calories and fat enough?

Since it is the new year I am also looking to loose weight. Ive decided to really cut my calorie and fat intake and just eat healthy in general. I decided that 1200 calories a day would be about what I'd hope to consume. For those of you who know more about this stuff... is that too much or too little??? I was also looking to decrease my total fat to maybe 40/50 g or less per day. I have been eating lots of Lean Cuisine meals and cereal with skim milk. I was just wondering if doing this alone would help loose weight or if there are other things I should watch out for.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Is cutting calories and fat enough?

I'm pretty sure you will be ok... if you cut out a lot of fats and watch your calories, the 1200 cal will be ok or even maybe a little higher than that say around 1500 calories,things you want to watch out for is things that are hidden in the foods you eat, like trans fats /non-hyderogenated, lot of process foods have this in them.
theres a lot of other things too, these are just a few that comes to mind.
check your food labels for this and the calories....exercise when you can and maybe cut back on your portion sizes that your use to.
even tho the FDA requires the food industry to label there products, unfortuantlly they have found a way to get around some of the red tape, so its very important that you learn to read food labels

loseng weight is about making a life style change in your life, and after you make that change you need to keep it the rest of your life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #3
(female)

Myshele HB User

well 3500 calories = 1 pound. I've had this thought pounding me since i'm trying to loose weight aswell. My boyfriend being an avid athlete explained that watching calories is misleading. Look out for transfats and lipids. Some calories are better for you then others....im also typing this out for personal therapy...hard to get all this health stuff straight.
a) drink alot of water and cut out alot of sugar as it's a secret fat source
b) try and remain low in saturated and transfats
c) higher protein foods
d) smaller meal portions but more frequently..so instead of 3 big meals..eat 5 smaller ones
e) make friends with fresh fruit and cold cereal...get creative and introduce them to eachother
f) higher protein food

Last edited by Myshele; 01-03-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

lifesnotchess,

That 1200 calorie plan is a good one but be SCRUPULOUS. Weight and record EVERYTHING as soon as you eat it...it is easy to forget or mis-eyeball.

Fat or calories:
Ultimately it's calories that count, but since fat is a very concentrated form of calories, it may be the most productive place to start cutting.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Be careful with the frozen meals and check the sodium! I eat a lot of Lean Cuisines and my nutritionist said that if the sodium is high it can make you want to eat more and won't help you lose weight! The ones I ate were all mostly okay to eat though. I would recommend eating more fruits and veggies though.. they will help you feel more full since not all of the Lean Cuisines are very filling. Eating more fruits/veggies helps me lose weight!

Closed Thread